Posted October 31, 2013
Saratoga Central Catholic High School is an absolutely outstanding school! The teachers are not only warm and caring, but are highly educated individuals. They try very hard to give your child the best possible education ever and are very dedicated. It is great to have such a small school where all of the teachers know who your child is and actually cares about what happens to them. This school doesn't tolerate any bad behavior between students, which as a parent has put my mind at ease everyday that I send my child to school. Your child will be expected to work very hard. Help from the parents with homework and projects is a must!! . As a parent, I am confident that my child will someday be accepted to a great college and will have a future that is filled with success. If you are looking for a quality school that offers the most and only wants the best for your child, you have found the right school. You will like the school principal, Mr. Lombard. He is a sweet man and easy to talk to. The kids love talking to him and he is always there to help. My husband and I give this school five golden stars!!!!

Posted September 23, 2013
First let me say, I am not overly religoius, my wife is. The balance between religion and realism, is good. If you are on one extreme or the other , then you will not be happy. The education is very good. the teachers are caring and approachable. If you spend anytime involved in your childs life, you'll be pleased. They welcome you to get involved and I recommend you do. If you expect the school to raise your children for you, look elsewhere. They teach and expect the kids to be accountable, independant and responsible. The teachers are availble for extra help daily. They have answered emails and phone calls regularly. They have also been available to meet. A huge plus is the opportunities for sports and other activies. They welcome the kids to participate in sports and other activities. They do kick kids out. That is refreshing. I magine some of the one stars came from those parents. They also have some very wealthy spoiled kids and parents who are used to getting their way. They are not the norm. Finally, Mr. Lombard is an outstanding princpal. He is very dedicated and is a fixture in the school, day and night. I am sorry to see his name tarnished in another review.

Saratoga Central Catholic High School 2

Posted September 16, 2013
If you are expecting a Catholic education this isn't the school for you. Really just a private school. There is religious education, but that is about the extent of it. Many students attend for sports programs. The coaches do not exemplify Christian values. Favoritism and overt racism exit. This is a small cliquey school that doesn't welcome newcomers. The administration is incompetent. Phone calls and emails are not returned. There are a few good teachers. Overall a very disappointing experience.

Saratoga Central Catholic High School 1

Posted May 12, 2013
This school is a horrible excuse for a "school." The other posters are right when they say BULLIES BULLIES BULLIES. I'm a former student and can attest to that. I was here almost 4 years and transferred out at the end of a school year (because of bullies) and learned more academic AND life skills at Saratoga High in 2 months than I did in 4 years at SCC. Teachers are unintelligent and uncredentialed (except Ms. Schutter. You go Miss Schutter!!) to give you an example, the Technology teacher also teaches history AND works as the assistant principal. As long as Mr. Lombard is principal you should STEER CLEAR. He doesn't want to help ANYONE, he is rude, mean-spirited man who contributes nothing to the school but negative energy. Told him of my bullying many times and he blamed it on me. The person that said SCC ranks above the public schools in academia must be referring to some other high school but like I said, I learned more life skills (which SCC doesn't teach) and academic knowledge at Saratoga High in 2 months than at SCC in 4 years. OH, and I didn't get bullied/threatened ONCE! People went out of their way to welcome and help me, actually!! Avoid SCC like the plague!!!

Saratoga Central Catholic High School 4

Posted February 16, 2013
My daughter attends this school. We value the strong connection between parents and teachers. When we need to speak with a teacher, s/he knows our daughter very well, partially because of the size of the school but also because of the dedication of the teachers. The sports program is great, lots for kids to do. No place is perfect, but SCC works well for us!

Posted October 07, 2012
Saratoga Central Catholic is an academically focused school which teaches the children strong values. Our experience with our two children has been excellent.

Saratoga Central Catholic High School 2

Posted September 04, 2012
This is not a good school. The teachers are not very nice, bullying is a problem, and they are TOO religious. I'm an atheist, and this school is co stantly praying and going to church. Too bad I still have to go to it.

Saratoga Central Catholic High School 1

Posted June 01, 2012
My child's experience here was absolutely horrendous. Bullying had been a problem at the public school he attended and at this school, he and another student had a kid show them a jackknife and threaten them with it. The administration is less than truthful and told the next school my son was attending that we had not taken him out of SCC, he had been kicked out and suspended. Absolutely untrue. A couple of the teachers were very good but for the most part trying to get emails answered was like pulling teeth. If anyone suggests this school to you, RUN in the other direction.

Posted March 05, 2012
Critiques on the social atmosphere are unfortunately true, the Catholic Queens do not change over the decades, but no worse than other schools. Teaching is on a much higher level than public schools, MUCH higher, (no, not perfect) with a lot of enriched courses and AP courses, which accumulate to college credits at a fraction of the cost. Small class size is the biggest plus, most teachers use the time for great one on one teaching. Tuition is stiff unless you are rich, but it is a spectacular investment in your kid, as Spa Central will prepare them for a good college, and might even snag them some scholarship money. Be prepared to work with your student, but if you do, this is one of the best investments you will ever make in their lives

Posted June 08, 2011
I have been impressed with SCC. The students respect each other and the teachers. The environment is friendly and caring. The teachers go out of the way to help each child succeed. The administration is open to creating new ways for students to have access to more courses through technology and have been open to student started clubs and programs.

Saratoga Central Catholic High School
247 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY  12866
Last modified Saratoga Central Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Saratoga Central Catholic High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.