No rating

Waldorf School of Saratoga Springs

Private | PK-12 | 220 students

Student diversity

Living in Saratoga Springs

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $285,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $930.

Posted October 28, 2009

Because the school approaches each child as an individual with unique and lovable qualities. They also do not have computers, play games or watch t.v. at school but do allow children time outside with music and art interwoven into their academic work.

Posted October 27, 2009

I taught at this school, and may always regret leaving it for the rest of my career. It doesn't get better than this school. It has it's problems like every other school, but the children are the happiest and healthiest I've seen.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 14, 2009

The Waldorf School provides a very well-rounded education. It teaches children how to think independently, explore and realize their talents, and develop into their fullest potential as a human being.

Posted October 14, 2009

They care about the connection between children and the outdoor world in a beautiful, story telling, leaf collecting, nature walking way.

Posted October 9, 2009

My grandchildren are thriving at this school - it gives them a varied and interesting education and helps prepare them to be contributing adults to the world they will inherit

Posted October 8, 2009

Waldorf School of Saratoga Springs helps develop a true love of learning among its students!

Posted October 8, 2009

Waldorf of Saratoga Springs makes time to educate and love each child who enters and their families!

Posted October 8, 2009

My kids LOVE school. In anything we do outside of school, other adults who encounter them -- camp counselors, coaches, the piano teacher, the nature educator leading a hike, the storyteller at the bookstore, etc. -- remark on how engaged and curious they are and what joy and initiative they bring to everything they do. This is exactly what I wanted for my kids. The teachers are not just educators by profession, it is in their core. They are born teachers and are beyond dedicated to each child and family in the school. I am so grateful to be able to send my kids there. The WSSS community upholds my family's values and is my best ally in raising my kids.

Posted October 8, 2009

Waldorf is a place that cares for the soul of the child, allows them to become a productive member of society, and my kids actually say they love school! Wow!

Posted October 8, 2009

Education done right is a joy for children. My child leaves the Waldorf School energized, excited and smiling every single day.

Posted October 8, 2009

The parents care so much about the total well-being of the children. The atmosphere is nurturing and well rounded.

Posted October 8, 2009

Amazing educational system that has very deep understanding of child's physical, intellectual and spiritual development. The teachers are exceptionally talented and caring human beings. The school is full beauty and purpose.

Posted October 7, 2009

The training the teachers receive helps them to teach in a manner appropriate for each grade's specific psychological stage and level of development. The curriculum is elegantly designed to complement the same stages of development. And the teachers treat each other and the students with the utmost respect and love. I am amazed at the way my son is learning to respect himself, plant and animal life, and others. He has learned to display the respect that has been modeled for him by all the adults at the Waldorf School. I believe the need for parent involvement in the extracurricular life of the school lets our children see how important we believe their education is. And I adore the well-roundedness of our students because the curriculum integrates art, music, and language arts into every field of study. Kudos!

Posted October 7, 2009

Over 10 years ago, my younger brother attended the Waldorf School of Saratoga Springs. The school gave him a break from the prejudice and negativity he lived with in the public school system. Now, for the last 6 years, my wife and I have had our children at the WSSS. The school is a warm and nurturing environment for our children. Our kids love school and have a gleam in their eyes when they share what happened during their day.

Posted October 7, 2009

At WSSS you will find a total commitment not only from Faculty and Staff but from Students. We learn because we want to learn and the experience becomes greater. Thank you

Posted October 7, 2009

The Waldorf School of Saratoga Springs teaches the whole child through both innovative and proven teaching methods. Students develop a true love of learning. WSSS provides both a classical education (history, languages, etc) presented in a way that is fully integrated with the fine/creative arts (music, drawing, painting) and practical arts (knitting, woodworking, cooking, gardening, etc.). Children are allowed to enjoy their childhood and are not forced into the rigors of academia until they are ready. The Waldorf mehtods are based on the child's physical and emotional development as they progress through the grades, and each grade's curriculum corresponds to needs that the student's have at that age level. The Waldorf School of Saratoga springs is a model for education in America and the world. The faculty, staff, and entire school community is truly dedicated to the education and enrichment of the students. The school could not exist without their combined efforts.

Posted October 7, 2009

Very well organized and great interaction on field trips for education and health! Awesome!

Posted October 7, 2009

The Waldorf School in Saratoga Springs has some of the most dedicated teachers I have ever known--and I was a teacher for 33 years in what was considered the best school district among 25 other school districts. My colleagues were also dedicated, but none so dedicated as the teachers at the Saratoga Springs Waldorf.

Posted October 7, 2009

best creative and well-rouded education for children!

Posted October 4, 2009

The best care of children preK through 12 on the planet by far!!!

62 64 York Ave