PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My very active four year old son is absolutely thriving in the very special learning environment at SIS. He loves going to school every day, is making friends, and learning in an engaging and stress free manner. He is also clearly learning about kindness, enjoying multi age camaraderie, developing confidence and becoming aware of the world around him. I cannot express my satisfaction enough.

We switched to SIS after my son spent two years at a public school, and we are so happy with the decision. The smaller classes, individualized instruction, focus on the whole child, and sense of community all make SIS a great fit for our family.

SIS has been a fantastic experience for my son. He entered in 1st and is now in 3rd grade, and he has blossomed both academically and socially in this supportive community. I know that he is not just being taught rote facts, but learning to ask questions, be curious, and think critically. He is building skills that will help him throughout his education, in an environment that allows kids to be kids. It's truly an amazing school!

My daughter is in her first year of the Saratoga Independent School Pre-Kindergarten program and she is flourishing! The teachers are creative, loving, and dedicated. The classrooms are bright and the building/campus is beautiful. I have been very impressed!

As parents, we love SIS! Our son cheers every morning when we arrive to school. Some of the things we love are: multi-age learning, tailored teaching to individual needs, and hands on education. The classes are small and the teachers are dedicated and loving. We couldn't feel any better about where our son spends his day or how he is educated. SIS is hands-down the best school out there!

My children have been absolutely THRIVING at Saratoga Independent School. Rather than focusing on test taking and/or 'teaching to the test', they teach to the child and focus on the process. The kids don't just learn lessons, they learn HOW to learn. They learn to be responsible, organized, diligent students. The focus is on each child's personal best, and there is great pride in their own achievements and celebrating the achievements of the other students. I love the way they work together, help and support one another and truly thrive. The teachers really know each child and how they best learn. I also love that there is continuity - the same group of teachers have known my kids since they started at the school, and rather than having to start at square one each fall, they can pick up where they left off. And the teachers are absolutely wonderful - from the ones who have been there for years, to the new hires that merged seamlessly with the team, you could not ask for a better, more qualified staff. My kids LOVE school, and are truly happy to be there, and I find it to be worth every penny we spend to keep them there.

I have happily signed a contract with SIS for 5 years now. I feel bad listening to parents whose children are in the public school; we simply do not have those same conversations regarding ranking, testing, tenure. We discuss our delight over our children's vocabulary, the fun they had in math class (?!), the ever increasing extracurricular opportunities ( such as running in the morning before school!), and the dedication of the faculty and staff. There simply is not a better elementary education program in the Capital District.

As a parent of two students, I am very pleased with the opportunity that has been offered at SIS for my kids. The high quality and integrity of everyone involved with the school has been important to our family. From the educators and students to the administration and board, the community goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome. Our kids are challenged every day and are excited to learn. They are energized by what is offered. We considered the options available for our kids in the Saratoga Springs area, Saratoga Independent School is the best choice for us.

My daughter turned eight last week. When asked what her perfect day would look like, she said " We,, I would start with an hour of math, then have an hour of language arts. I would definitely have art after recess and an hour of music and gym. Would there be more time or could I go to aftercare?" This was certainly not the response I had expected, but it goes to show how much she loves going to Saratoga Independent School. I am so grateful.

Be very careful if you sign up to go here. If things do not work out and you leave, you are on the hook for all the money! We started our daughter here in the preK program for the afternoon. Almost 3 years old and we are told the kids here can take a nap. After a week of crying and acting up and falling asleep as soon as she got in the car, they say that she never takes a nap and that is normal. All the kids in the morning class do take a nap, however those in the afternoon class don't. We put her back in her old program where she is doing well. We signed their contract and are on the hook for all of the money. $1000 per day! They say they depended on our money for their budget, so cannot give a refund. We did not sign up until the tail end of August. They don't do budgets until the end of August? Horrible school with horrible business practices. Beware!

Last modified Saratoga Independent School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6