Scarsdale, NY
Before care: Yes

Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School 3

Posted November 17, 2014
My child has attended this school for 2 years and we do really like it, but there are 3 very large negatives 1) the class sizes are HUGE (some up to 30 for one teacher) and this ratio would not be acceptable in a public school 2) the teachers refuse to communicate via email and the school refuses to make any changes claiming "the old way works the best." Parents are told to "pass in a note via the child" and await a response. They refuse to change this even after parents continue to complain - this would also not fly in a public school and we pay money here. 3) There is no place for the younger kids to play except the blacktop and kids get hurt often. There is plenty of room in the parking lot to convert to a safe playground.

Posted May 22, 2014
As this year being my 4th year I am glad to say that it is not my last year here at Immaculate Heart of Mary. The staff and the students have always greeted all of the guests greatly. In 3 years when I have to leave I will be very sad. I definitely think that any child that joins our wonderful school will fit in very well.

Posted April 23, 2014
My son has attended IHM since pre-k and he is very happy. The academics are excellent. Small family like atmosphere. I wish there was a better sports program but overall I am very happy with IHM.

Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School 4

Posted April 30, 2013
We were thrilled with IHM. The teachers, the principal, the children, the families, the parish. End of story. It's all good. We have been at IHM for more than 15 years. IHM has always enjoyed a stellar reputation. Our children graduated with honors, received scholarships to Highschool and college. They were well prepared for life after IHM. We think it is also important to note that our children cherish the friends they made at IHM....and are still friends to this day. Life long friendships. That speaks volumes about the IHM community. We offer our sincere thanks to the teachers, administrators and the Pastor for their dedication to the children and families at IHM.

Posted April 10, 2013
My daughter has been enrolled at IHM for the past four years and she couldn't be happier. I have nothing but high praise for all of her teachers (past and present) and truly believe she is receiving a solid Catholic foundation. These praises can only be attributable to the leadership of the principal and her assistant. The principal, each morning, is always out front to welcome the children to school and is the last one to enter the school prior to the doors being locked. As a parent, there is great comfort in seeing her each morning. Signed - A happy parent.

Posted April 10, 2013
Immaculate Heart of Mary is the best Catholic School in Westchester. The school has a great Art Department, updated computer lab and a high school level Science lab.The teachers are all professional and caring. The school families are really nice. You do not have to live right in Scarsdale to become part of the family. There are many afterschool activities for the children. The principal is a very caring and approachable woman who has an open door policy. The school enrollment is so good that the school has been able to remain parish-based. Thank you IHM for being a home away form home for my 2 children

Posted April 08, 2013
I am a parent of two children at IHM. My husband and I both are products of Catholic Schools. We all are extremely happy with the education our children are getting. As soon as you walk in the building you can feel the warmth of a caring faculty and staff. My children are both happy at IHM and are challenged in thier classrooms. The childen at IHM work hard and get into the best high schools. The principal is very approachable and addresses all issues fairly and in an appropriate manner. I have nothing but praise for IHM and the great education my children are getting!!!

Posted April 06, 2013
My children currently attend IHM and the class size of 30 is lower than the cap stipulated by the Archdiocese of 38! Through 2nd grade - there is a main teacher and an aid to teach the class. A healthy school population, supportive staff and leadership is the reason IHM is not closing, and for that we should be thankful. - Current Parent

Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School 1

Posted February 04, 2013
Too many bullying issues here. While the children were generally nice, and the families were nice as well - there was no school psychologist on staff to address some of the bullying that often took place because of the lack of adult supervision.

Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School 1

Posted February 04, 2013
Overall, this school was very unsatisfactory. The principal was incredibly unprofessional, the environment was not gentle and unnerving. For those looking at the prospect of attending this school the only positives are the 7th and 8th grade math teacher is fabulous, and the religion program is one safe place at the school (esp. from bullying). But other than that the school is not a great place to send your child/children. -Past student

Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School
201 Blvd, Scarsdale, NY  10583
Last modified Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top