Posted May 14, 2015
This school is great!! It is warming to any family from any background and from all students that live in many areas of westchester!!! It does not cater to the wealthy!!! That does not exist!!! If your child needs academic help the teachers are wonderful to help that student out!! I have been there for many years and it is a good feeling when your child wakes up excited to go to school , which this is the case for both my kids!! The principal is a well respected ,kind, great sense of humor and a real great person in general !!!! One of the best principals I have seen in my opinion!!

Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School 1

Posted May 05, 2015
I find this school to cater to wealthy!! MONEY is their first PRIORITY Unless you are wealthy and are donating money or volunteering your time you are not a friend nor are you favored or liked. The principal is very fake and quite frankly only wants to know you if you are of her kind. This school doesn't appear to be very color friendly either (There s probably 2% of diversity). This is a very expensive school and their PRIORITY is MONEY and NOT EDUCATION. There are no programs that are available for students that do well, obviously b/c it caters to families that are wealthy. If you are ever late on your tuition you child is quickly suspended with absolutely no consideration in mind. There is some tutoring help that's offered afterschool but one on one availability is based on a preferential list....My guess is that list is based on the more money that's given to the school by parents. I am in the process of looking into other schools for my child......as this is not a comfortable setting for my child. The Principal of this school is looking for the PERFECT child.......in my opinion, no one is perfect. But if you think your child is PERFECT then this is the school for your child.

Posted April 02, 2015
It never ceases to amaze that people come onto this website to trash such a wonderful, loving and academically strong school. Numbers do not lie. If ever in doubt, please look at our stats and see where our children end up going to high schools and colleges. I hope perspective parents, that do come onto this website, are not swayed by the few parents who didn t get their way. To call the Kindergarten teacher less than stellar and emotionless is completely not true. My child is also in the Kindergarten class and within a few months she has become a strong reader, writer and quickly excelling in Math. There have been topics related to God that I didn t even know how to approach, when discussing it my child, and this particular teacher did and she did in in such a loving and non-fearful way.

Posted April 02, 2015
Continuation of my previous post..Any concern I have ever had, related to school, this teacher has quickly responded too. All these qualities make this particular teacher indispensable to me and so many other parents. What does amuse me is that this particular parent, despite their complaints, is still returning to the school next year. So please consider that. IHM is a fantastic school and I hope you will decide that for yourself and not read these silly and senseless comments!

Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School 3

Posted March 29, 2015
The parent body in the school is solid. ..However, find a clique to fit into for the most part bc it can be cliquey. The pre-school teachers are very nice and the curriculum is what you'd expect from a Catholic school. The other teachers in the school seem friendly enough. Kindergarten is a joke and the teacher, who should be the pinnacle of a child's entry into the educational system is less than stellar and emotionless. I can only hope that next year will be better. For the amount of money in tuition, extra curricular events and fund-raising we have spent, public school now looks like a better option regardless of what district I am in. Parents, even church going fakes will say "not my child" in negative situations and things get completely dismissed here. Look elsewhere.

Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School 3

Posted November 17, 2014
My child has attended this school for 2 years and we do really like it, but there are 3 very large negatives 1) the class sizes are HUGE (some up to 30 for one teacher) and this ratio would not be acceptable in a public school 2) the teachers refuse to communicate via email and the school refuses to make any changes claiming "the old way works the best." Parents are told to "pass in a note via the child" and await a response. They refuse to change this even after parents continue to complain - this would also not fly in a public school and we pay money here. 3) There is no place for the younger kids to play except the blacktop and kids get hurt often. There is plenty of room in the parking lot to convert to a safe playground.
3 people found this helpful

Posted May 22, 2014
As this year being my 4th year I am glad to say that it is not my last year here at Immaculate Heart of Mary. The staff and the students have always greeted all of the guests greatly. In 3 years when I have to leave I will be very sad. I definitely think that any child that joins our wonderful school will fit in very well.

Posted April 23, 2014
My son has attended IHM since pre-k and he is very happy. The academics are excellent. Small family like atmosphere. I wish there was a better sports program but overall I am very happy with IHM.

Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School 4

Posted April 30, 2013
We were thrilled with IHM. The teachers, the principal, the children, the families, the parish. End of story. It's all good. We have been at IHM for more than 15 years. IHM has always enjoyed a stellar reputation. Our children graduated with honors, received scholarships to Highschool and college. They were well prepared for life after IHM. We think it is also important to note that our children cherish the friends they made at IHM....and are still friends to this day. Life long friendships. That speaks volumes about the IHM community. We offer our sincere thanks to the teachers, administrators and the Pastor for their dedication to the children and families at IHM.

Posted April 10, 2013
My daughter has been enrolled at IHM for the past four years and she couldn't be happier. I have nothing but high praise for all of her teachers (past and present) and truly believe she is receiving a solid Catholic foundation. These praises can only be attributable to the leadership of the principal and her assistant. The principal, each morning, is always out front to welcome the children to school and is the last one to enter the school prior to the doors being locked. As a parent, there is great comfort in seeing her each morning. Signed - A happy parent.

Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School
201 Blvd, Scarsdale, NY  10583
Last modified Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top