PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

Homework was busy work. Workbook was sent home without directions and reading assignments, especially in religion had vocabulary on them that were NEVER taught. When questioned, the teacher never responded... since when are Kindergarteners expected to recognize and read 4 syllable words - even with the new Common Core??? Enough Said.

Develops character: Agree

I feel the families - for the most part - are invested in the school and their child's overall experience. However, there is a sense of cliquiness, which goes completely against teaching children integrity and fairness. The very premise of the Catholic religion was based on humility and being humble, which is not what the overall vibe is here- from the prior administration down. In retrospect, there are some very well meaning faculty, staff members, and families who made this almost worth the money.

This school is great!! It is warming to any family from any background and from all students that live in many areas of westchester!!! It does not cater to the wealthy!!! That does not exist!!! If your child needs academic help the teachers are wonderful to help that student out!! I have been there for many years and it is a good feeling when your child wakes up excited to go to school , which this is the case for both my kids!! The principal is a well respected ,kind, great sense of humor and a real great person in general !!!! One of the best principals I have seen in my opinion!!

I find this school to cater to wealthy!! MONEY is their first PRIORITY Unless you are wealthy and are donating money or volunteering your time you are not a friend nor are you favored or liked. The principal is very fake and quite frankly only wants to know you if you are of her kind. This school doesn't appear to be very color friendly either (There s probably 2% of diversity). This is a very expensive school and their PRIORITY is MONEY and NOT EDUCATION. There are no programs that are available for students that do well, obviously b/c it caters to families that are wealthy. If you are ever late on your tuition you child is quickly suspended with absolutely no consideration in mind. There is some tutoring help that's offered afterschool but one on one availability is based on a preferential list....My guess is that list is based on the more money that's given to the school by parents. I am in the process of looking into other schools for my child......as this is not a comfortable setting for my child. The Principal of this school is looking for the PERFECT child.......in my opinion, no one is perfect. But if you think your child is PERFECT then this is the school for your child.

It never ceases to amaze that people come onto this website to trash such a wonderful, loving and academically strong school. Numbers do not lie. If ever in doubt, please look at our stats and see where our children end up going to high schools and colleges. I hope perspective parents, that do come onto this website, are not swayed by the few parents who didn t get their way. To call the Kindergarten teacher less than stellar and emotionless is completely not true. My child is also in the Kindergarten class and within a few months she has become a strong reader, writer and quickly excelling in Math. There have been topics related to God that I didn t even know how to approach, when discussing it my child, and this particular teacher did and she did in in such a loving and non-fearful way.

Continuation of my previous post..Any concern I have ever had, related to school, this teacher has quickly responded too. All these qualities make this particular teacher indispensable to me and so many other parents. What does amuse me is that this particular parent, despite their complaints, is still returning to the school next year. So please consider that. IHM is a fantastic school and I hope you will decide that for yourself and not read these silly and senseless comments!

The parent body in the school is solid. ..However, find a clique to fit into for the most part bc it can be cliquey. The pre-school teachers are very nice and the curriculum is what you'd expect from a Catholic school. The other teachers in the school seem friendly enough. Kindergarten is a joke and the teacher, who should be the pinnacle of a child's entry into the educational system is less than stellar and emotionless. I can only hope that next year will be better. For the amount of money in tuition, extra curricular events and fund-raising we have spent, public school now looks like a better option regardless of what district I am in. Parents, even church going fakes will say "not my child" in negative situations and things get completely dismissed here. Look elsewhere.

My child has attended this school for 2 years and we do really like it, but there are 3 very large negatives 1) the class sizes are HUGE (some up to 30 for one teacher) and this ratio would not be acceptable in a public school 2) the teachers refuse to communicate via email and the school refuses to make any changes claiming "the old way works the best." Parents are told to "pass in a note via the child" and await a response. They refuse to change this even after parents continue to complain - this would also not fly in a public school and we pay money here. 3) There is no place for the younger kids to play except the blacktop and kids get hurt often. There is plenty of room in the parking lot to convert to a safe playground.

As this year being my 4th year I am glad to say that it is not my last year here at Immaculate Heart of Mary. The staff and the students have always greeted all of the guests greatly. In 3 years when I have to leave I will be very sad. I definitely think that any child that joins our wonderful school will fit in very well.

My son has attended IHM since pre-k and he is very happy. The academics are excellent. Small family like atmosphere. I wish there was a better sports program but overall I am very happy with IHM.

Last modified Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8