Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Wonderful school with positive learning environment! Teachers work closely with parents and if there is any concern teachers and staff will address it right away.

My kid had terrible experience after she started the 2nd grade greenvale school. She was bullied in the class constantly. We notified the teacher, but she denied it without even investigating. she didn't do anything to help my kid either. My kid got diagnose of depression after that bad year in greenvale school. The teacher often doesn't assign any homework because "some parents" are too busy. Such a ridiculous excuse. We left that school and felt should have done that sooner. Watch out and stay away if you can find an alternative school.

Our two children have gone through Greenvale elementary school and found it a positive learning environment. The teachers work with the parents if you reach out but interact and communicate with parents as part of the protocol. Kids are pushed to develop and learn of course keeping up with the Common Core mandate. Music, arts and special fun activities are also part of the routine. The PTA has for many years done an exceptional job providing fun, instructional and active after school clubs every Spring and Fall.

The principal, teachers, parents & PTA all work together to create an excellent environment for learning and enrichment. I have been impressed with the individual attention that my children have received.

This school shaped my life from 1958-63,ms.fitzmaurice,thank you,an angel in heaven,i can only imagine the fine students today,dr.richard maier,high energy physicist,ret.thank you greenvale!

Very impressed with the school: the teachers, principal ... but especially the students: motivated, intelligent, kind. I don't believe they teach to the tests, but the students score higher than in the Scarsdale schools. The curriculum teaches critical thinking, and open-ended approaches to problems. Very happy with my choice of schools.

I love the school district, it is by far one of the best around. I have 2 children in the system, and I feel the are being taught great. I would have to say with the increased enrollment, the school district, has gotten it right!!!

My son goes here, and I have been very happy with this school. His teacher is a hard grader, which I have issues with, but the school spends a lot of money on their equipment, gym, art, computers etc.

My son has difficulty focusing and I don't feel the school is as understanding or as helpful as they could be. They seem to want to push an ADD diagnosis and suggest medication because 'they've done everything they can'. Frankly, I don't think they have the patience to deal with the issue. It feels like a fight to get any special services and at group meetings instead of feeling like a team, the parent is made to feel that their child is a problem and is put on the defensive. I think for a child without issues, the school has a lot to offer but if your child needs special consideration or attention, choose another district.

I moved to Eastchester 2 years ago. I was fooled by the high test scores on this site. Eastchester has high test scores in NY standardized tests because they devote their curriculum to the material and skills necessary to do well on these tests that have no effect on the future academic success of students.

Last modified Greenvale School is a Public school that serves grades 2-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.