Scarsdale, NY

Seely Place School 2

Posted May 25, 2014
Extremely supportive school for kids with learning deficits. Currently facing fiscal pressure and very political BOE. This has resulted in drop in academic standards as well as decline in standards!

Posted September 10, 2013
My daughter started K last week. The little girl brought back home a little gift from the teacher, with a note, which thrilled both me and wife. No more words needed for the rating. I quote: We are looking forward to a wonderful Kindergarten year! This bag contains a few things important reminders... The COTTON BALL is to remind you that our room is always filled with kind words and warm feelings. The STICKER is to remind you that we need to stick together and help each other. The RUBBER BAND is to remind you to hug your family each morning before you come to school. The STAR is to remind you to shine and to always try your best. The PIPE CLEANER is to remind you to be flexible. The BAND-AID is to remind you to say kind things and help heal hurt feelings in your friends and yourself. The TISSUE is to remind you to help someone who is having a bad day and help dry their tears. The RIBBON is to remind you that friendship tie our hearts together. The ERASER is to remind you that everyone makes mistakes, and that is okay. The PENNY is to remind you that you are valuable and special like a shiny new coin, and I am lucky to have you in my class. ENJOY! Love,

Seely Place School 0

Posted October 27, 2009
my daughter went to seely k-6 the teachers are great if you are lucky your child will havr a great education some great teachers retired but who ever you get will leave wonderful memories for you and your child miss fox to mr. cass they are all graet

Posted September 16, 2009
Seely Place School is not only number 1 in Westchester County, but I would consider them as Nation Best Schools. Excellent Teaching Staff who pays undivided attention to each child and brings best out of them. It would be undermining, if I do not praise the efforts of PTA and after school Programs. The variety show and the science fair encourages all the kids for their wholesome personality development. No doubt, Seely Place School, Edgemont School District is the best.

Posted July 29, 2009

Posted June 17, 2009

Posted January 26, 2009
Seely Place is quite honestly the most wonderful school I have ever had the privilege to be in! It provides a nurturing, safe and fun place to learn for the children. The principal is a fabulous administrator and each and every teacher cares about the children and his/her job. As an educator, I have seen many schools and this one is the best! Our son transitioned mid school year last year, everyone made sure his move was smooth and that he was welcomed. He has truly blossomed under the care and supervision of the Seely Place staff.

Seely Place School 0

Posted November 03, 2008
Edgemont was ranked one of the top 3 school districts (rural) in the US in US New and World Report Magazine. My son has some learning issues and with their support and small class settings he was able to graduate an A/B student and get into his #1 college. He went to Seely Place elementary which was a school I wish I had gone to in my youth. It just doesn't get any better than Edgemont. I chose it for the schools and The NY Times had called it 'Scarsdale, but low keyed'. Great that Jr and High School located on the same campus so kids don't have to get reaclamated at a new high school. His graduating class was just over 100 students which was also a plus so kids don't get lost amongst a huge student body. It will be the best gift you give your kids/family.

Posted August 26, 2008

Posted May 31, 2007

Seely Place School
51 Seely Place, Scarsdale, NY  10583
Last modified Seely Place School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seely Place School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top