Edgemont Junior Senior High School 1

Posted December 08, 2014
Very very high property taxes and disproportionately mediocre outcomes in academic standards! Much hype surrounding the school system but as a resident in the community witnessing erosion in curriculum and STEM education.

Posted September 23, 2014
I go to edgemont and I love it. They have so many clubs and sports and the teachers are amazing! The cafeteria has so manu choices for lunch, the vending machines have snacks, ice cream, and drinks. It is a very independent school and I would not trade it for the world.

Edgemont Junior Senior High School 3

Posted June 02, 2014
As a student having gone through the entirety of the Edgemont elementary and junior high system, I can indeed say that, yes, the teachers and classes are usually great and inspiring (especially for Latin, band, and science). However, having moved away freshman year, I'm now fully able to realize what a stupidly wretched, depressing time I had there. Maybe it was due to just to the peers in my particular grade, maybe not. The school grounds are beautiful, the cafeteria food strangely delicious, the library relatively well-stocked, but when I left, did I miss it? Not really, because being bullied for most of elementary school and then becoming a wandering, shallow-friendship-holding semblance of myself amongst the same people and others in middle school (since the elementary schools are combined, therefore combining cliques and producing strained relationships between old friends) thoroughly drubs the amazing academics this school had to offer. Go panthers.

Posted September 26, 2013
I have a son in 8th and a daughter who is a senior. Best thing about being in this school district is you don't have to pressure your kids to do well in school and to want to go to a good college. Their peers will do that for you. In some affluent communities, you get kids who want designer clothing as status symbols. I feel like in Edgemont, getting into a good college is the status symbol.

Posted June 06, 2012
I am a fairly recent Edgemont alum and have to say that Edgemont really does prepare you well for both college and life. Like all of the other reviews have mentioned, the quality of the education and specific attention that each student receives is excellent. After attending a top university and seeing the range of academic backgrounds that other kids had come from, I could clearly tell that Edgemont was AS GOOD, in most cases BETTER, than most private schools. One huge perk of Edgemont over private schools/IB schools was that I entered college with a significant amount of AP credit, which inevitably cut the cost of tuition during my senior year. The range of opportunities outside the classroom are really great for a public school. Sports, music/arts, clubs, peer mentoring, etc. are all really strong and there really are small niches that each student can explore based on his/her interests. Each grade is pretty small (140-200 kids) so the grades are pretty cliquey. It's really nice if your grade is close as a whole, but it can definitely get annoying if not - my grade was not close, but my younger brother's grade was very close. It really depends on the year. Overall, A+

Edgemont Junior Senior High School 4

Posted March 28, 2011
Lol...Sure most parents make 100k and pay 20,000 in taxes to send their children to an upscale schol system but what about the kids that sneak in with false addresses and work our school systwem for 4 yrs tuition and tax free...we should put of our resources to work and catch the people who live off our dollar....It's not fair that we hard to keep our children in our district school and others can just send them for free EDGEMONT do your homework...

Posted March 28, 2011
We moved to Edgemont high school district when my son was at 9th grade. Based on our personal experience, it's a great school in all perspective. There are about average150 kids per grade. In term of academic, it s rated one of top schools in the nation. It offers many AP classes. The most important is that the students are competing to be successful and help each other. In term of sports, they offer many different sports program and have no cut policy. They also offer many musical, arts, clubs etc programs as well. We re very happy with my son development in Edgemont. We used to live the school district with about 700 students per grade. He got loss in the crowd and wanted to be as average student even he has many potentials. After we moved to Edgemont, he got to know every kid at the school and started to take many AP classes as all the kids looking up the smart kids. He joined track team and eventually became the captain. He also joined many clubs and gets involved with many communities services. We credit all his achievement to Edgemont!

Edgemont Junior Senior High School 4

Posted June 24, 2010
The school has small class sizes, lots of challenging courses including many AP courses. There are lots of extracurrici;ar activities and numerious sports programs to balance the academic demands of the school. Through its rigorous academic programs and intellectual capabilities of its students along with a dedicated faculty, many students gain admission to Ivy League and top tier schools.

Posted December 03, 2009
Edgemont is a wonderful, nuturing, academically challenging school. The atmosphere is one of cooperation and no student is allowed to fall through the cracks. It offers a caring staff, great facilities, and very high academic standards. I feel very priviledged to have been able to send my daughter to this school. Presently, I work here in Computer Laboratory and can appreciate all that Edgemont has to offer in an atmosphere that is accepting and challenging. The seniors come out with the skills necessary to achieve academic success.

Posted February 05, 2009
Great school! In high school I was exposeed to so many career choices!

Edgemont Junior Senior High School
200 White Oak Lane, Scarsdale, NY  10583
Last modified Edgemont Junior Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edgemont Junior Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top