Schenectady, NY
Students enrolled: 2,665

Posted August 13, 2013
i will be going into the 11th grade (junior) this year, and i can say i am very excited. I have learned alot in the school and i really cannot wait for this new school year. The friends, classes , teachers i miss it all. So many people have such bad remarks but honestly its not bad at all. Of course there are different cliques but what other schools dont?

Posted August 13, 2013
This school has grown very much throughout the years, if only the school was a bit bigger than it wouldnt seem so crowded. But overall the teachers are great. The counselors are always attentive to their students. The cafeteria is big and has many food choices ( healthy aswell). Theres not much bad that i can say, this school was the best. Class of 2008

Posted December 03, 2011
I am a recent graduate of Schenectady High School (Class of 2011) and I have to say, It is the most diverse and well rounded school i've ever encountered. Yes, it does have it's challenges but when you're putting over 3000 students of different ethnicity, social class, background, and religion together, tensions run high. But honestly, it isn't an unsafe school, it isn't scary like people have said. It has a ton to offer. Almost any class you could want is offered in this school as well as the very prestigious International Baccalaureate program. I am a graduate not only of SHS but I was an IB student for all 4 years of attending this school. I received an education that some other high school students dream of achieving. I'm in college with students who have been sheltered throughout their high school experience. They weren't enlightened by diversity. They weren't given a world renowned educational opportunity such as the IB program. So before you base your idea of SHS on these little reviews, go there for yourself. You'll see it isn't a violent atmosphere, it's a diverse one. Student receive an amazing education. It's the one's who blow it off that are the statistics of SHS.

Schenectady High School 1

Posted August 22, 2011
As you can tell by the atrocious grammar and spelling of some of my fellow students reviewing my school on this site... Not many people care very much about their education at my school, I regret to say. I honestly don't like it at all. Its actually a bit scary... >.>

Posted October 12, 2010
My daughters graduated from there and I feel it could use the support.

Posted April 06, 2010
This school is amazing. It is so fun and it has classes for basically everything you want to be. The activities are like no other. People don't take the time to see how amazing it really is. Sure there is fight but doesn't most schools have those. I think it is the best school ever. ive been to many but this school by far is the best.

Posted March 18, 2010
i am a student attending schenectady high school i am often tarafied to walk the halls when i step on people shoes they threatin to wash me ....what ever that means there is many gangs and gang related fights i do not feel safe walking the halls the teachers r very mean nd rude nd make it so u dont want to even listen to them because of there non stop attitude because of the noise and ghetooness in class it is verry hard to concentrate

Posted February 20, 2010
SHS is an extremely great school, though it is to crowded. They are so many different classes to take that other schools would only dream of having. Considering the bad reputation that it has is totally wronged it has a safe environment for the most part but face it every school has fights.us SHS is an amazing school though some teachers do not care and are very rude.

Schenectady High School 3

Posted December 15, 2009

Schenectady High School 4

Posted August 29, 2009
I have two sons in this school. I think it is a great school. It has so much to offer in both cultural diversity and academics. My sons are both involved in sports and are both doing extremely well. The teachers are excellent. Anytime I ever had to get in touch with one of them, they got right back to me and were very helpful and I feel that they go above and beyond for their students. My sons have seen a few fights but do not feel threatened by them. Unfortunately, this is the real world, we can't shelter our children from it forever. The best part about it, is it's free. We can put our money towards our kids college education.

Schenectady High School
1445 The Plaza, Schenectady, NY  12308
(518) 881-2044
Last modified Schenectady High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Schenectady High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top