Schenectady, NY

Posted August 26, 2014
AnNur is our and our children s most favorite school. Prior to AnNur they attended Craig Elementary School in the touted Niskayuna School District. We still live in Niskayuna and pay hefty school taxes to Niskayuna School District but we willingly pay added tuition to AnNur because it has proven to us to be well worth it. Ms. Wilson, Ms. Branning, Ms. Keris, Ms. Zahdan, Dr. Havana and the staff are all amazing.

Posted July 24, 2014
Salaams. I am a parent who looks forward to sending her daughter to AIS, especially under the care of Sister Elizabeth! She is not only honest of all the rules and regulations of the school & county of Colonie/ Schenectady school district, but trustworthy and aware of how the school system works. She has fought for the rights of our Muslim children, that AIS REMAINS under the principles of Islamic Monotheism, as opposed to the ways of life of the Khufar Public Schools, who teaches everything against what Islam stands for, such as homosexuality is ok. & intermixing relations with boys & girls. She has also fought for Albany school buses to cater to transport students to Schenectady, as we are in need of that service, and Insha'Allah, may this service be possible in the near future. AIS is the ONLY school, that my husband & I would feel safe sending our daughter..... ESPECIALLY under the care of Sister Elizabeth! May Allah continue to bless and provide for the success of this school.

Posted July 09, 2014
This is the best school I have seen in a long time. The staff is very friendly. They sincerely care for my girls and their education. Elizabeth helped me step by step throughout the entire enrollment process. She is very helpful and understanding.

Posted May 23, 2014
My kids did well here. AnNur has excellent programs to help any child from falling behind. We love AnNur School.

Posted May 23, 2014
It's hard not to gush about AnNur, as civilized and accomplished an elementary school as you'll find. The faculty are a lovely mix of highly experienced with young and energetic, the principal on a first-name basis with every kid. The demographics are dominated by smart parents, as it were, but the make-up is also surprisingly diverse, thanks in part to the proximity of GE Labs and to a growing extent Global Foundries, which are attracting families from around the country and world. I have two very different children, one extremely bright and the other needing a ton of support just to get through the day, and we feel very confident both are getting the education they need. The school does a good job at balancing core classroom instruction with "specials"

Posted May 23, 2014
We really could not ask for more from AnNur. The support of the school community is overwhelming. It seems like children just blossom with the great love and dedication of its teachers and staff. We made the right decision id choosing to send our boys to this school. It is the best there is in Upstate New York!

Posted April 22, 2014
I'd like to congratulate Annur Islamic School for being granted accreditation by Advanced Ed. I'd like to give thanks to the staff, principal and administration for working hard to make this great achievement. I would especially like to thank the principal, Dr. Walid Hawana and the Executive Office Manager, Elizabeth Zahdan for putting so much time and effort into making changes for the way it should be today. Thank You

Annur Islamic School 1

Posted March 09, 2014
We are American converts and just moved into the community a few years back so we went to AIS to place our kids in the school and were very put off by a women who claims her name was Elizabeth although she is clearly not from the US and doesn t understand the American school system. She was very rude and turned us away from the school. She misunderstood the way things work here as far as services and transportation are concerned. To avoid the hassle of dealing with her, we decided to go with a public school. We are so disappointed and upset as to why people like her are still there misrepresenting AIS. It s their loss.

Annur Islamic School 1

Posted October 18, 2013
Miss the old Annur. New is NOT IMPROVED, just under dictatorship. Don't bother telling me about the rules, they go over them EVERYDAY AT ASSEMBLY!

Posted August 28, 2013
Annur Islamic School is the very first Islamic school in the community. To the general public, the non-muslim teachers are well-informed about the attitude, morals, and way to hold one self at Annur. As an alumni of this school, I feel more than welcome there. Every school has rules that are wished to be followed, all that matters is that it's respected and listened to.

Annur Islamic School