Bad
Good

Glendaal School 4

Posted July 07, 2011
We have 2 children in Glendaal. Our oldest started in 1st grade and will be entering 4th this fall and our youngest will be entering 1st. We have overal had a good experience with Glendaal. The teachers are great, they are really hard working and very responsive to any issues or concerns you may have. I have never felt that any topic I addressed was ignored or 'blown off.' I would hope that a more collaborative effort for curriculum to be more cohesive from one grade to the next. In 1st grade my daughter had to do 3 written and oral reports. I thought at first that this was to big of an expectation of this grade level. But saw how much she got out of it and was very pleased with the end results. However, in 2nd she did none and in 3rd just 1....which to me felt like a step back. I am pleased my 'new' 1st grader has this same teacher and will hopefully have the same projects. Great community, although many of the same parents are in charge of multiple roles (PTA and such) which makes favortism see inevitable and makes new parents feel as if they are intruding...

Posted April 10, 2010
Great school! Good teacher to student ratio. We have 3 kids there now.

Posted January 04, 2007
Three of my children attend Glendaal. We moved from another district where one of our children was having definite academic issues, with the help of some qualified teachers and special programs offered all of our children are now up to grade level and have made improvements above and beyond the school enviroment. I think Glendaal is a great school with some very exordinary teachers!!!!

Posted July 24, 2005
We really enjoyed our first year at Glendall. OUr teacher was great.

Glendaal School
774 Sacandaga Road, Scotia, NY  12302
Last modified Glendaal School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.