Seaford, NY

Seaford Middle School 0

Posted December 03, 2008
I am sorry for all the negative reviews!! I have 5 children in the district and am a tough customer when it comes to education. I feel the three that have experienced the middle school have all done very well. They are three different types of students and all have received an excellent education. Can things be improved in the school? Of course, like all schools, Seaford has it's weak points, but overall I think the school is great. They have had some excellent teachers and have been part of clubs and sports that have all had an impact on their lives. I feel safe sending my children to the school and know they are getting what they need educationally. The work load is insane in 7th grade, but I am pretty sure it is like that everywhere. Honestly, if parents have a problem, they should talk to the administration!

Seaford Middle School 5

Posted June 27, 2008

Seaford Middle School 0

Posted November 15, 2007
Children are over worked, overloaded with work on a daily basis. The difficulty of the work is not the issue, just the amount. This is wearing the children down in a time in their lives that is difficult on the social level. My daughter is an excellent student and trying to keep up with the workload and demands of the teachers is literally exhausting for even an adult. This will definitely discourage the weaker students and cause them to lose interest in school. I am seeing what it is doing to my daughter, a good student and it is frightening. If teachers of different subjects staggered the quizzes, exams, assigments so they aren't all due the same time, the children wouldn't get discouraged and would be able to do their best. I am worried for my other children who will attend this school in a few years. The stress kevek is enormous. Frightening.

Seaford Middle School 4

Posted June 07, 2007
Seaford is a very strong and loyal community of people. Many parents in the community have grown up in the neighborhood. This shows a strong commitment to the neighborhood and the school district. This is a small town made up of middle income families with moderately priced homes compared to towns like Merrick and Bellemore. Since there is less households to collect school taxes from, much of the school budget is spent on maintaining status quo rather than expanding programs. However the school does very well educating the children. The success on state and national tests exemplify the success. The community needs more state aid so there are more extracurricular programs available and better equipment. The teachers and counselors are always ready to help. All a parent needs to do is get involved with their child's education and ask for it. They will deliver.

Seaford Middle School 1

Posted April 17, 2007
The School needs alot of improvements, both with the building and handling of teachers and students. The teachers don't listen to a student when that student has a problem. The teachers have power trips. They also don't have any control of the school.If it keeps up, we will be like brooklyn. The teachers have to show that they care. The teachers take charge by the student grades. I don't see it.

Seaford Middle School 2

Posted May 18, 2005

Seaford Middle School 3

Posted October 16, 2004
For the taxes we pay in NY, this school does not deliver. The sports programs are not adequate and I do not feel as though we get our money's worth.

Seaford Middle School 4

Posted February 23, 2004

Seaford Middle School
3940 Sunset Avenue, Seaford, NY  11783
Last modified Seaford Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seaford Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top