Posted May 12, 2014
My children attend SWS, I have nieces and nephews in the public schools and I believe my children are being provided a more than excellant education. It is not only the education that is important to me, but it is also the importance of religion and manners. My children are recieving a quality education, they play with wonderful children and those children have amazing parents that are invloved and care.

St William The Abbot School 2

Posted February 27, 2014
"Catholic Schools raise the standards" is a prevelent theme during open house at St. William the Abbot, but in reality, this mantra is a mere paradox. Out of my 9 years of attending SWS (K-8) I can safely say that this school, in fact, lowers the standards. I came to this conclusion based on a myriad of reasons. One of the biggest reasons is St. William's sheer inability to "raise the standards". When I entered high school for the first time, I was quickly discouraged to find out that many students in my grade were enrolled in classes designated for sophomores. SWS lacks a rigorous program for highly motivated students who intend to get "ahead of the game". Another reason that SWS lowers the standards is its irrational spending. I couldn't help but notice that during my last year there, the administration bought brand new flat screen t.v.'s to give a better appeal to the parents (like you), and never seemed to feel the need to replace their obsolete lab equitment. Yes i have made many friends and cherished many memories here at SWS, but in the end, i regret ever attending this school. Moral of the story: send your kids to public school. -Patrick O'Hara - alumni - class of '12

Posted February 13, 2014
This is truly a wonderful school to send your children. My children really enjoy the school, teachers and their peers.

Posted December 16, 2013
Took the time to do my research and visit every open house within 15 miles of Lindenhurst for 1 year before deciding to send my children here. I knew as soon as I walked in the door that this is the one. It has been one year and I have never been so grateful for such a beautiful atmosphere and experience. From a public school for kindergarten to first grade at SWS, I have noticed a difference that is like night and day. As a single parent with VERY little income, I will move mountains to ensure my children attend this school for their entire elementary school journey! The effort, time, care, and attention paid to the students is beyond my furthest expectations!

Posted November 25, 2011
SWS Is a wonderful place to grow personally, academically and spiritually. Students are encouraged to be the best they can be in a supportive environment. SWS has given our children a place to call home for more the past decade, a true extension of our family!

Posted March 07, 2011
I have 2 children that attend SWS. I am so proud to tell anyone that this is were they go to school. Mrs.Guardino is an exceptional principal. She is an up to the minute principal. Nothing passes her, and nothing should. My children are safe in this school, and most of all happy. The teachers ...most of them excel, and are very caring. This has been the best decision my husband and I have made. We couldn't be happier .

Posted October 21, 2010
Our Son is in second grade and we couldn't be happier with our experience at SWS. He is interested and focused and the feedback we get is just wonderful. He is learning about God as well as every other subject, current event etc. Private school can be a struggle financially at times, we have found it to be well worth it so far!! Love the opportunity this school offers for parent participation at all levels!!

Posted October 14, 2010
I have 3 children in this school. We left Grace Day school in Massapequa and came here and couldn't be happier. The atmosphere is loving yet structured. The principal is a great leader who has been here for over 20 years providing stability which was not present at Grace. The teachers are excellent and the technology is top notch. There is excellent parent involvement.

Posted October 13, 2010
Excellent Middle States Accredited school. I have 2 children attending this school and could not be happier. The education they are receiving is beyond the norm for elementary schools. My children have become independent learners, and responsible students. They actually can't wait to go back to school at the end of the summer. It is a great, loving, supportive atmosphere, along with being a very well run school, with terrific teachers. I would suggest that anyone looking for a school in the Seaford area give St. William's a visit. You really would not be sorry you did.

Posted February 25, 2010
Love it. Best thing i did for my daughter..Sending my other daughter when she is old enough.

St William The Abbot School
2001 Jackson Avenue, Seaford, NY  11783
Last modified St William The Abbot School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St William The Abbot School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top