Stagecoach School 4

Posted September 08, 2014
I can only speak from my personal experience and I find this school to be very accommodating. The principal is Mr. Rothberg and he's very approachable and strives to meet the needs of the matter at hand. My son is special needs (Multiple Disabilities) and is in Mrs. Meyers class and she is top notch. In addition to teaching the supported curriculum, she teaches life skills. (responsibility, organization, independence, etc) My son has matured so much since being in her classes. He receives P/T, Speech, and a socialization meeting every week. The staff has a can do attitude and strives to meet their students needs as well as parents w/o compromising their goals of education. I feel this is definitely due to Mr. Rothberg's involvement and KNOWING his students.

Posted April 28, 2014
The teachers in this school are very caring and on top of things! I have a special needs child and I can say they have tried there best to make sure Thomas gets everything he needs as far as services and care. They are sweet and keep in contact with you to let you know how your child is doing. If I have a question someone gets back to me promptly too.My son needs a lot of encouragment and prompting and they have found a system of positive rienforcements to help him thrive and look forward to learning. I must say I was a little worried in the beginning of the school year with my sons placement of Inclusion classroom, but the teachers worked with him and really helped him acclimate to the different classroom setting. The new principal is wonderful too! I noticed how involved he is in all of activities and even just the little things going on in the school, always greets you and makes time to talk to you about whats going on and is very friendly. I believe communication between the teacher/s and parents really help you to really be a part of your childs education and this school has that. Thank you to everyone over at stagecoach, keep up the good work :)

Posted November 04, 2010
What a great elementary school! My child is having a wonderful experience both academically and socially. My daughter has a very personable teacher who recognizes her potential. It is only the beginning of the school year but I would venture to say it is setting a precedent for the remaining school year! What a gem in the heart of Selden!

Posted May 12, 2009
We moved to Selden last year and this school has been wonderful for our daughter. Her teacher takes a lot of time to work with her and is always very responsive to our requests and questions.

Stagecoach School 3

Posted September 18, 2006
Stagecoach is a wonderful school for children. While the number of parents involved is fairly low, those involved in the PTA give it their all to provide a lot of 'extras' for the children. I am thrilled with the district's art program....it's amazing. There is a good amount of extracurricular activities considering it is an elementary school. I am not particularly thrilled with the academics of the district as a whole. I think the expectations are set too low. There is no gifted program and intelligent children may be bored. Much of the academics is dependent on the individual teacher and unfortunately, the quality there is inconsistent. I can't speak to the principal since he is brand new. Security is horrible and needs to be addressed.

Posted March 29, 2004
my son has been going to stagecoach for 4 years now in the special ed classes and this is the first school or school district that has worked for his need the best and mr johnson is one of the greatest principles he knows how to talk to the parents and get matters done.

Stagecoach School 4

Posted March 16, 2004
Mr. Johnson is excellent, but needs to be stricter with children who are bullying others. Some of the lunch aids are very mean to the children & have pushed them at times. The school needs more extracurricular activities and field trips. It's a shame the children are writing for the school paper any longer, there are no more clubs and hardly any trips. Homework should be given at least 3 or 4 nights a week and spelling tests should be given once a week. The school yard needs more garbage pails in the back and on the field.

Stagecoach School
205 Dare Rd, Selden, NY  11784
Last modified Stagecoach School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stagecoach School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top