Bad
Good

Whilst my 7 year old is reasonably happy going to this school, I have some serious issues about the quality of the education, the lack of willingness to discuss issues, and the quality of the textbooks being used. First off, is the testing being done - weekly spelling tests. My boy got 105% (yeah this marking system is strange.) for the whole year except for one error which gave him 100%. How is that a test? A test at this age is to inform parents where the child can improve. According to this, my boy is perfect!!! I sat through 30 minutes of hearing that he is where he should be, and when at the end I told his teacher that he is not where he should be, his cousins (educated in the UK) are miles ahead she called security on me!!!

My 3 children are very happy at Nassakeag. Their teachers do a wonderful job keeping parents involved and aware of what is going on in the classroom. The PTA does a great job of providng fun evening activities like Multicultural Night and Lip Sync Night.

After sending my son to The Laurel Hill School for many years, he started at Nassakeag in the 1st grade and is now in 5th grade. I have found the majority of teachers FANTASTIC. The PTA also raises quite a bit of money and puts it right back into the school and programs which benefit the children. Parents who want to are welcome to be involved in the school. Very friendly school and seems to be safe, as well.

The teachers are truly interested in the well-being of the children,no just a job. I had 6 children through the school. I am amazed at the results of their learning.The teachers put in their own extra time if a child needs it. Positive outlooks, with positive results.

Overall my 2 children did get a great education at nassakeag. The report cards for elementary school are terrible. They need to be updated to easily understand how your child is doing.

I have been a parent for 7 years and substitue teacher in this district for 2 years. I can honestly say that Nassakeag has a spectacular group of teachers and you feel the unity when you walk in. I have been to all the schools and we rate as the best in my opinion.

Last modified Nassakeag Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.