Bad
Good

I couldn't be happier with this school. I have two kids currently in second and third grades and both are thriving. Teachers are all excellent and the principal and vice principal are always aware of the school's happenings and on top of any problems tha may arise. The PTO is excellent and there are always activities going on to help with the community. I would highly recommend this school.

The William Floyd Elementary school is an amazing place! The teachers are very loving and caring and are committed to helping the students succeed! All of my children's teachers have been wonderful! My kids have learned and have grown academically and socially. The Principal is a top notch administrator and is very involved in day to day situations. He addresses any problems immediately and is very approachable. The parent/teacher organization is very involved in the school and plan many fun and exciting events for the families in their building. Overall this school is great! The support staff is very helpful and courteous. This school gets an A+ from me!

I have two children in William Floyd elementary and I couldn't be happier. This school does so much for its students. I think it's great how the school recognizes each child's accomplishments, big or small. I have nieces & nephews in other districts(sachem, pat-med) & their schools don't come close to ours when it comes to the recognition the students get. I'm proud to say I live in Shirley & that my kids go to William Floyd Elementary!!!!

I love this school. The Administration, Supporting Staff and the Teachers are second to none. They are involved not only in school activities but community activities as well. This summer the teachers took it upon themselves to schedule weekly read-ins at our community library. This year was an extremely difficult year with New York State adopting common core standards. It was tough on staff and students and to reward everyone for their hard work this year the Principal, Assistant Principal and a Teacher got into a dunk tank and let the children have at them. This school feels like a family. They work hard and also play hard. Its an amazing balance for the children. They have amazing community service projects that the entire school particpates in. They have an incredible science fair. It is a well rounded, fun enjoyable learning experience.

My kids have flourished while attending this school! Both the principal and assistant principal as well as the teachers and staff truly care about their students and are willing to address concerns as they arise. Throughout the school year, there are many fun activities that are planned for the students both in and out of school. Parents and families are encouraged to participate in these activities as well.

My son is in 3rd grade he loves his teachers,So far our experience with this school is exellent....

Wish there was a 0 star button. Extremely dissatisfied with this school. Have had several issues with everyone from the bus driver to the principle( who happens to be one of the most unprofessional, rudest people I have ever met). Countless times when there was an issue, I was addressed in a manner that I was bothering them or "wasting their time". Really, if you care about your child's education do not send them to this school. Either switch them to a better school district, pay the tuition or find other means of educating your child. This school is very cold and the teachers are only interested in test scores on a whole and have no interest in your child. I am sure other parents have a different opinion of this school however this parent, who wants the very best for her child, cannot handle the factory educational commercial joke that this school is. My child deserves better and is now in a wonderful private school. Hope this school picks up the slack.

My son attended this school for K-2nd grade. He had an excellent experience and thrived academically. The principle was always involved in the day to day occurances with the children and if there were any issues he would contact me directly. Our overall experience with this school was very positive.

My kids have flourished in William Floyd Elementary School. We've had a very positive experience thus far.

Their teachers are very thoughtful and genuine.

Last modified William Floyd Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.