St Patrick Elementary School 1

Posted August 24, 2014
There are better choices out there. St Patrick School used to be a cut above the rest. Now it is filled with kids being bused in from undesirable school districts . The parents of the kids bused in feel like they have something to prove to the Smithtown families and that leads to gossip and back stabbing. The only think remotely Christian about this school is the name. I feel like I wasted yens of thousands of dollars on tuition. After switching my child to public school I quickly realized how far behind he was, though at SPS he was top of the class. The education standards are lacking and most of the teachers do not have the education clout of public school teachers. They do not post their test scores because they are lower than the public and other Catholic schools in the area. Bullying is a major problem in this school and they are not mandated to report it to NY state. It is clear to me that the glowing reviews on this site must have been written by the board members or PTA moms, they all seem to have the same theme . This school is one to avoid !!!!!

St Patrick Elementary School 1

Posted May 16, 2014
This school was terrible. Kids were bullied every single day. The old principle smoked every single lunch period. Plus all the kids that go here are rich families from the north shore. The tuition is way too much. This school was not good. Actually this school sucked.

Posted February 02, 2014
I have been a member of St Patrick Parish for 23 years. My three children have attended St Patrick School over a continuous span of fourteen years. St Patrick offers a well established curriculum and a faith based education. Families are given the privilege to work alongside a faculty who give selflessly to students. The new administration has brought even more spirit to the building. They are communicative to parents, friendly in nature and are visible each and every day. My children who have moved on to high school have transitioned well into competitive schools. I believe this is due to their reliance on the foundation St Patrick has given them. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly St Patrick is what it is because of the people who give of their time and talent to enhance all St Patrick has to offer. Children are able to see parents volunteer at events to make St Patrick School an exceptional experience. Families also donate their specific skills to keep the school well represented and informed From these donations of time and talent children may then lead by example and carry on a specific value system based on kindness, dedication and hard work.

Posted February 01, 2014
St. Patrick's is a WONDERFUL school that encourages and fosters the growth of your entire child - both academically & spiritually. The school is large enough to allow for two classes per grade, which creates smaller classes for more personalized instruction. The Principal has been at St. Pats for 20 years & is a wonderful educator who cares about every one of her students. The education the students receive is top notch as is evidenced by the large numbers of graduating 8th graders being accepted into honors programs at very competitive high schools as well as scholarship dollars. In fact, many public school teachers & administrators send their kids to St. Pats. I have found SPS students to be far ahead of their same grade public school counterparts in all subjects. Faculty & administration are very sensitive to situations that arise and deal with it appropriately and maintain an open line of communication with families. The vast and varied extra-curricular activities offer something for every child. The administration welcomes parent volunteers and truly appreciates any efforts to help the school. Best decision we ever made to send our children here.

Posted October 05, 2012
St. Patrick's has wonderful, devoted teachers and many kind children attending. I completely disagree with the last post. I left "meet the teacher" night feeling that the school is being revived and moving in a very positive direction. I was there and the board was NOT asking for more money! They were asking for EVERYONE to get involved! Not just one group, but the entire family community. St. Patrick's school has SmartBoards in every classroom and they have updated technology which allows instant communication with parents on what is going on and how to get involved. I have children in the middle school and lower grades and they are all very happy at St. Pat's. Test scores are always good and many students qualify for National Jr. Honor Society. I am somewhat shy, but have never felt slighted or left out ever by other parents...even the so called "in crowd". Some people are never happy and are bitter, but St. Patrick's has many more good aspects than bad. While there is no such thing as perfect, I do not have any regrets about sending my children to St. Pat's. The uniform, sacraments and school masses are beautiful. In this world, St. Pat's is a good, safe choice!

St Patrick Elementary School 2

Posted July 25, 2011
I agree with the last poster. There were 32 students in the 8th grade classes last year. The current principal does not make the effort to get to know the students and the school now has less of a "family" feeling. There were bullying issues which she did not address, even after parent complaints. When I tried to meet with her, she took forever to get back to me and she showed no interest or concern about my child.

St Patrick Elementary School 3

Posted November 14, 2010
St. Patricks School has changed. Just recently a new principal has started after the death of the previous principal. This new principal does not put the children number one. She is focused on the budget. Our children are now in classes that have 27 students. This makes it difficult for students to learn. The teachers are of high quality. The teachers care for the children and help them build character and integrity. The only reason I keep my children in the school is because of the teachers, not the principal. The new principal is distant and not engaged with children or parents.

Posted May 19, 2009
My daughter has been going to St. Pats for four years and she loves it. The teachers are nurturing, class size is small and administration creates a safe and supportive school enviornment.

St Patrick Elementary School 0

Posted July 15, 2008
My three children attend St. Patrick's and we have been very happy with both their academic and social experiences. The families are what make it a truly wonderful experience for the entire family. Some of our closest friends are parents we met through the school. The great test results on the New York State tests for the older grades have solidified our commitment to this school.

Posted November 28, 2007

St Patrick Elementary School
284 East Main Street, Smithtown, NY  11787
Last modified St Patrick Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Patrick Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.