PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Wonderful school! Teachers and administration are very warm and approachable. They want parents involved, which is great and very hard to find! The education is Christ-centered offering children opportunities to give to people in need not only in their own community, but around the world.

4. Excellence I'll be honest. There's a lot expected from these kids. Academics are strong and the curriculum is tough. And then there's the memorization. A LOT of memorization. There's some tough love going on as study skills are shaped and facts are drilled. But from early on the kids learn that when they strive for excellence the reward is great. There is excellence in character too. A chapel lesson hit home with my son recently - he told me he wants to "always do more than what is expected." A lot is expected in character, thank God! It goes further than words and deeds though. Our kids are learning to respect and honor others by building their own strong character. Visitors to the school are impressed by the students. This is not a place where the students shuffle through hallways without making eye contact and mumbling replies. No, these kids wear the SCS logo and are ambassadors for their school, ambassadors for Christ. Their conversations are engaging, intelligent and respectful. It's expected of them. Not a formal expectation written in a handbook, but a pursuit of excellence modeled by others and fostered by all.

Smithtown Christian School is a wonderful, Christ-centered environment. I am blessed to have the opportunity to work there. We have the joy of seeing God work in our lives and the lives of our students on a daily basis and openly proclaim His power and might. This is an excellent school that helps students to grow spiritually as well as academically.

If you're looking for a school that is all about smiles and good image, then this is for you. Education is average, but if you usual struggle in academics they will probably send you back or talk to you about it and see what they can do, or make you do. Christian values seemed to be esteemed here but not usually practiced if you are a outsider. Firsthand I was accepted into the social groups or "cliques". Most are accepting but some others are not open to many people. The teachers do seem to show more favoritism to some more than others, but seem qualified at best. Basically your more than average Christian school, not for everyone but the building is pretty nice and seems to be improving. I have attended this school for 7 years and can honestly say it has been mostly ups & downs, not the best but it makes you stronger in character. If you want a school that will test you to your limits and see what you can do, but still keep in fact they honor God in the classrooms, then this is the school for you.

I enrolled my two in SCS two years ago and it has been the best decision I ever made except not doing it earlier. They are receiving a good education. When needed help is there. They have a great special ed dept. for those with children who Need a little more help. They work with us as parents to give what each individual child needs. I plan to enroll my third child when that time comes too.

My 3 children have been attending SCS for three years now. We, as well as our kids are extrememly happy with their total school experience. The teachers are loving, kind and committed to our childrens overall success, not only academically, but socially and spiritually as well. We are pleased to be a part of the Smithtown Christian School community and look forward to our children completing school through 12th grade.

My two children have been in the school for two years. They are very, very happy. They are making great friends. The education is good and getting better. My children will graduate from SCS as well educated, well rounded, analytical thinkers. The administration is accessible and parents have a voice in all aspects of their children's education. In today's world having a voice in your child's education is paramount.

I have had the great blessing of having all 5 of my children attend Smithtown Christian School. The decision to enroll our kids at SCS has been a great one. The teachers are loving and kind and always willing to go the extra mile. The administration addresses issues, both academic and social, in a professional yet caring way. I am so glad my children get to learn in an environment where Godly value's are not just taught but lived out!

All three of my children are SCS graduates. They found college easier than anticipated because of the excellent education they recieved. One child, nearly 40 has recieved their jurus doctorate and has enrolled his child in SCS. The youngest is an RN. The eldest has a a career in graphic arts. Not only are the acedemics outstanding the music,, drama, art and athletics programs are excellent. The most important thing to both my husband and I was sending our children to a school that reinforces the spiritual values we practice at home.I believe this has helped mold them into adults with integrity & compassion.

I have 3 kids in SCS and we love it, most importantly my kids love it. They have been bless with a great education from some great teachers. My kids are getting a wonderful education, meeting great friends and most importantly; they are in an environment that is not filled with the troubles that most schools encounter like drugs, gangs, violence, etc... When my kids have struggled at times during certain classes the teachers have gone the extra mile to spend time with them, during lunch or after school, to make sure they understand the school work and get a better understanding of the material. I also appreciate the strong Christian values my kids are taught. Not only are they given a top notch education, they are also guided with a strong moral compass that will help them grow and give them direction as they go through their young lives into adulthood. From the school superintendent to the teachers to the administrative staff, everyone contributes to make Smithtown Christian School a unbelievable experience for both the students and parents. I would 100% recommend SCS to anyone.

Last modified Smithtown Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12