Smithtown, NY
Before care: Yes

Posted December 16, 2014
4. Excellence I'll be honest. There's a lot expected from these kids. Academics are strong and the curriculum is tough. And then there's the memorization. A LOT of memorization. There's some tough love going on as study skills are shaped and facts are drilled. But from early on the kids learn that when they strive for excellence the reward is great. There is excellence in character too. A chapel lesson hit home with my son recently - he told me he wants to "always do more than what is expected." A lot is expected in character, thank God! It goes further than words and deeds though. Our kids are learning to respect and honor others by building their own strong character. Visitors to the school are impressed by the students. This is not a place where the students shuffle through hallways without making eye contact and mumbling replies. No, these kids wear the SCS logo and are ambassadors for their school, ambassadors for Christ. Their conversations are engaging, intelligent and respectful. It's expected of them. Not a formal expectation written in a handbook, but a pursuit of excellence modeled by others and fostered by all.

Smithtown Christian School 4

Posted April 30, 2014
Smithtown Christian School is a wonderful, Christ-centered environment. I am blessed to have the opportunity to work there. We have the joy of seeing God work in our lives and the lives of our students on a daily basis and openly proclaim His power and might. This is an excellent school that helps students to grow spiritually as well as academically.

Smithtown Christian School 3

Posted April 30, 2014
If you're looking for a school that is all about smiles and good image, then this is for you. Education is average, but if you usual struggle in academics they will probably send you back or talk to you about it and see what they can do, or make you do. Christian values seemed to be esteemed here but not usually practiced if you are a outsider. Firsthand I was accepted into the social groups or "cliques". Most are accepting but some others are not open to many people. The teachers do seem to show more favoritism to some more than others, but seem qualified at best. Basically your more than average Christian school, not for everyone but the building is pretty nice and seems to be improving. I have attended this school for 7 years and can honestly say it has been mostly ups & downs, not the best but it makes you stronger in character. If you want a school that will test you to your limits and see what you can do, but still keep in fact they honor God in the classrooms, then this is the school for you.

Posted April 29, 2014
I enrolled my two in SCS two years ago and it has been the best decision I ever made except not doing it earlier. They are receiving a good education. When needed help is there. They have a great special ed dept. for those with children who Need a little more help. They work with us as parents to give what each individual child needs. I plan to enroll my third child when that time comes too.

Posted April 29, 2014
My 3 children have been attending SCS for three years now. We, as well as our kids are extrememly happy with their total school experience. The teachers are loving, kind and committed to our childrens overall success, not only academically, but socially and spiritually as well. We are pleased to be a part of the Smithtown Christian School community and look forward to our children completing school through 12th grade.

Posted April 10, 2014
My two children have been in the school for two years. They are very, very happy. They are making great friends. The education is good and getting better. My children will graduate from SCS as well educated, well rounded, analytical thinkers. The administration is accessible and parents have a voice in all aspects of their children's education. In today's world having a voice in your child's education is paramount.

Posted April 09, 2014
I have had the great blessing of having all 5 of my children attend Smithtown Christian School. The decision to enroll our kids at SCS has been a great one. The teachers are loving and kind and always willing to go the extra mile. The administration addresses issues, both academic and social, in a professional yet caring way. I am so glad my children get to learn in an environment where Godly value's are not just taught but lived out!

Posted April 08, 2014
All three of my children are SCS graduates. They found college easier than anticipated because of the excellent education they recieved. One child, nearly 40 has recieved their jurus doctorate and has enrolled his child in SCS. The youngest is an RN. The eldest has a a career in graphic arts. Not only are the acedemics outstanding the music,, drama, art and athletics programs are excellent. The most important thing to both my husband and I was sending our children to a school that reinforces the spiritual values we practice at home.I believe this has helped mold them into adults with integrity & compassion.

Posted April 08, 2014
I have 3 kids in SCS and we love it, most importantly my kids love it. They have been bless with a great education from some great teachers. My kids are getting a wonderful education, meeting great friends and most importantly; they are in an environment that is not filled with the troubles that most schools encounter like drugs, gangs, violence, etc... When my kids have struggled at times during certain classes the teachers have gone the extra mile to spend time with them, during lunch or after school, to make sure they understand the school work and get a better understanding of the material. I also appreciate the strong Christian values my kids are taught. Not only are they given a top notch education, they are also guided with a strong moral compass that will help them grow and give them direction as they go through their young lives into adulthood. From the school superintendent to the teachers to the administrative staff, everyone contributes to make Smithtown Christian School a unbelievable experience for both the students and parents. I would 100% recommend SCS to anyone.

Posted March 25, 2014
It's our Home away from Home. All 3 of our children attend SCS. The faculty/staff are like family to us. Teachers have been encouraging and positive from the moment our son entered 4th grade from public school. The class sizes are small. Communication between parent and teacher has been great. Expectations are established in the beginning so there are no surprises throughout the year. Phone calls/Emails are returned/answered swiftly. Assignments and Grades are posted quickly. Parents are kept well informed. Parent involvement is welcomed and encouraged. There are enrichment classes to challenge your child and the ARC which offers support for children who need a little extra help. Teachers truly care about each child s individual success, not just grades. The music and art dept. are phenomenal. Just come to a concert, you will surely be amazed by what you see and hear. It brings us such joy to know that our children are surrounded by these faith driven teachers/staff who care so much not only about them but also about supporting us as parents. This school is committed to shaping our children into christian leaders. We are so happy we made the decision to send our children here.

Smithtown Christian School
1 Higbie Drive, Smithtown, NY  11787
Last modified Smithtown Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Smithtown Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top