Posted January 27, 2015
Our son has regressed dramatically since he started attending Park school. We were sold on all these supposedly wonderful services and the teachers are either overwhelmed and unable to provide appropriate supervision or they simply don't care. They can't even appropriately teach how to read and write the alphabet. Don't waste you're money; can get just as good if not better at neighborhood catholic school and certainly doesn't hold a candle to other private schools in the area

Posted January 19, 2015
Park is one of a kind! Our 3 children attend Park, following in their fathers footsteps. A true sense of community, with emphasis on kindness, respect and a love of learning. The responsive classroom, paired with small class sizes ensures that each child is getting exactly what they need at all times. My children are challenged appropriately, have confidence, and are full of excitement to return to school every day. Plenty of clubs and sports to participate in, fantastic art and music programs, dedicated librarian always inspiring my children! Always an open door for parental involvement and plenty of communication so you are always in the loop. Come spend a day at Parks gorgeous and interactive campus, you won't want to leave!

Posted December 19, 2014
My first impression with Park was as a host parent. It was not a good one. In my opinion, Park is a place where integrity is for sale. "Pays for As" is how they are commonly referred to in private school circles. The lesson they teach their students best is that money talks and that it will buy you anything. As a host parent, I have noticed that the school treats host families like employees and provides little communication or support. If children break rules, like carve Xs into your hard wood floors and doors, that's ok. If they knife up your furniture, that's just regular wear and tear. If they are disrespectful, that's ok, too! Because these international students are paying tuition and a half to attend at Park. Park will treat your princeling or princess like gold! If you are interested in great grades, no consequences, and moral ambivalence, this is the place for you.

Posted December 19, 2014
Park is a place where my children have the opportunity to learn through hands on experiences. It is also a nurturing and loving community that emphasizes respect and responsibility. Love this place!!!

Posted December 18, 2014
Park is simply an amazing school! My family is thrilled to be part of the great community that is the essence of the school. The faculty are passionate about what they do, and inspiring to their students. The campus has a pond and lots of wonderful green space and kids are outside regularly. Compare this to a one building school -- well really, there's no comparison! My husband and I also appreciate the regular communications we receive from individual teachers and the school as a whole. I highly recommend Park!!

Posted December 18, 2014
I have been a host parent of international students at The Park School for seven years. Park is a progressive, intellectual school in a classical country day school setting. Children don't just learn at Park, they grow. Park places a very high priority on ethics and personal responsibility. Academically, Park is an outstanding choice for international students. The faculty make every effort to tailor the education to each child's individual needs. Small class sizes and very close teacher/student contact serve to enhance the academic experience. The school setting is absolutely beautiful, with pine trees, wide, green lawns, and a pond. As a parent, the responsibility of educating our children is our most critical duty. The decision to send a child to Park is the best decision a parent could make. Children graduate from Park extremely well educated, with inquiring minds, a strong ethical base, and a network of other well educated friends.

Posted December 17, 2014
I've been a host parent for many years, in good standing and always sought out. A new student was placed in my home this fall and it turns out he was expelled from another school. They didn't tell me this and he hurt my son repeatedly over several months. I called the school the moment I found out that this was going on. They removed the boy and expelled him, without meeting me to find out what happened to my son. I asked many times for an update on what was happening, as the student was contacting me nonstop to see my son and apologize for what he did. I got no answer. Then they remove me from the host family group. I am told this is really my fault. If I had notified them sooner, it could have been prevented. Do they really think that if I knew my son was being abused by someone in our home that I would continue to let him live with us? They don't think that the minute I heard and saw evidence of abuse that I called the school? In an effort to not lose their privileges to issue I-20s (the visa needed to enroll students), they DID NOT send this boy home to receive help/counseling-- they are working to have him placed in a new school and host family. The cycle will continue.

Posted January 18, 2014
Park is a Progressive school with quality, innovative educators, a creative, diverse student body (preK -12 grade), a beautiful, expansive (34 acre) campus in a natural setting (pond, marsh, numerous playing fields), and a proud history. The head of school is a fantastic leader and has positioned Park well for the future. My children (one in lower school, one in middle) are thriving. HIGHLY recommended.

The Park School 4

Posted November 08, 2013
From 1969 to 2010 I taught at three different school systems in Western New York. For ten years of that 41 year career, I taught history at The Park School. I also served as the Director of College Placement and the Director of Upper School. Looking back on my career, I can honestly say that, philosophically, Park School was committed to having its learning environment conform to the nature and needs of its students. The overall goal of the Park School experience was to promote a long term disposition toward reading, thinking, and questioning. During my years at Park, I know that while its students were afforded an atmosphere of freedom and opportunity, this experience was tempered with the recognition that one had a personal responsibility to promote and protect the common welfare. My 35 year association with Park School has confirmed my belief that its philosophy, goals, and learning environment are most appropriate for children of all ages.

Posted October 23, 2012
My son entered Park School in the first grade. The individual atttention he received within the small class size was immeasurable. Since he enjoys exploring and sharing his personal antecdotes, the Park environment encouraged this which helped to develop his confidence at an early age. Now as a middle schooler, his leadership skills truly shine. Thanks to those early years at Park, my sons confidence to share knowledge and contribute to classroom discussions has grown tremendously. Choosing the Park School was the best gift I have ever given to my son!

The Park School