Ps 100 Glen Morris 2

Posted November 08, 2014
I'm on the fence about this school. My problem with this school is that they do not try to "correct" or do anything about unprofessional staff, programs or general things that don't work. The lunch monitor will take your small child's lunch and throw it away if they 'misbehave'. How is that appropriate???? Go Math is a joke. The wording is unbelievably bad. I'm so grateful that my son has a great teacher now, but next year remains to be seen. Also, the bathrooms are disgusting. Must toilets DO NOT flush. Feces and urine fester in toilets for goodness knows how long. Health hazard. Even in kindergarten classrooms! I can guarantee the administration is aware of the bathroom situation which is the worst offense in my opinion, but they choose to do nothing about it. I feel if this were a 'different' neighborhood, this would be a non-issue. Working or not, parents need to get involved. These are YOUR children. Be aware of what goes on at YOUR child's school and do something, don't wait for someone else to.

Ps 100 Glen Morris 1

Posted June 05, 2014
I totally agreed with the last comment, this school is defiantly child favoritism, my son's teacher has given me the worst 1st time experience ever, she definitely chooses only parents who are in the PTA to be involve in school activities/ trips, she is not helpful at all. My son started kindergarten at 4, clearly he was very young and needs a little extra attention since all the other kids are 5 &6, I've spoken to his teacher numerous times and she does NOTHING; another example of the school is: my son had a science project which the who class participated in, the school invited all the parents to come see the work, when we get there only 3 chosen kids were addressed on the project, it broke my heart so much to see the disappointment in my sons eyes when he wasn't even acknowledged, when I spoke to the teacher she basically told me that my son needs to learn if he wants his name up he needs to do better, how do you tell a 5yr old that?? They have no consideration at all, my point was why invite the whole school if only 3 kids were given credit, even though the whole class participated! Every trip I want to attend I'm never chose but the PTA parent is!

Ps 100 Glen Morris 1

Posted June 04, 2014
My child has been in this school since kindergarten... The teachers are pretty good, not the best. My biggest problems with this school is child favoritism. If you are a parent that is involved in the PTA, then this school is for you, because they favor all the children whose parents are involved with the PTA... they give them all the good awards, reserve all the front seats to every event for them and they get to skip any line made, so if you're waiting outside for an hour they get to skip you in 30 seconds. This year the daughter of the former president of the PTA is named valedictorian... What a surprise there! They also force you to fill out the school survey before you get your child's report card or speak with the teacher... if your child is a special needs child, then this is definitely not the school for your child. As you can see their test scores are going down every year. I'm just glad that my child will graduate this year and I don't have to deal with the school anymore....

Ps 100 Glen Morris 2

Posted June 28, 2013
PS100 has always had a clique. The administrative staff there now is the practically the same as it was 10 years ago. The school does not cater to parent involvement and is not ready to assist when an issue arise.

Ps 100 Glen Morris 4

Posted June 25, 2013
When my older child attended PS100 (08 grad), Ms. Betancourt was principal and I was not a fan of hers, nor the clique/extremely non-inclusive group that was the PA (along with the parent coordinator who is still there). Even then the teachers were great, my child had individual attention from his teachers as well as Ms. Fromberg who is now the principal. Ms. Fromberg can come off at first glance as unapproachable, but she is as dedicated to her job and these children as any principal I've seen. She's hired an incredibly strong and talented staff and the school is run so much better. At the teacher level, I could not have asked for a better kindergarten teacher for my child. She partners with the parents and expects the same the other way. She's always available for questions and knows my child and how he learns extremely well. The art and music teachers are all fantastic and I love the environment the entire staff has created for our kids. My single complaint is this - the PA has many events, but they hold them during school hours which makes it very difficult for working parents to be more involved. I'd love the opportunity to attend events and help, but I can't do that at 10am.

Posted December 16, 2012
Graduated 1947. I was head of the color guard during assembly, as well As a school crossing guard during after school. Wonderful memories of My teachers and fellow students. I saw the new addition in the old school Yard. During the summer, we planted a victory garden to help grow food. Please my typing as I'm a 73 year old computer ignorant adult. By the Way, I still have several group class pictures from PS 100.

Posted September 24, 2012
I was a little skeptical when I enrolled my daughter to this school. But I must say this school is great, the principal and the teachers work really hard to make it a better school. My child learned how to read in Kindergarten and now that she is in first grade I know that she will be even better under the great teacher she has.

Posted March 06, 2012
this school is a great school i realy love it and my son loved it so much the teachers are great and i really think they should have less kids in the classroom now the over book kids into one class and need more assistant teachers to help out

Posted April 19, 2011
My son did so good at this school , he move on to middle school and he is now moving on to high school,because of the great help from teachers and a very excellent invironment and most of all of the leadership this school possesses Ms Frameborg and Mr Misrock ,they are the best,my daughter is presently attendind this school and she is excelling ,i am so thankful to this school,all teachers are very cooperative.

Ps 100 Glen Morris 0

Posted March 22, 2010
i love this school it is the greatest school ever ..it also has great activities....

Ps 100 Glen Morris
111-11 118th St, South Ozone Park, NY  11420
Last modified Ps 100 Glen Morris is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 100 Glen Morris Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top