Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

A lot of the work is long term stuff so it seems like you don't have much, but it all adds up.

If you enjoy a place where the students drive nicer cars than their teachers, cliches from hell, a 95% white demographic and encourages a stress level that isn't even seen by Harvard, then JJHS is the place for you!

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

The teachers are fine. Students tend to exclude other lesser students a lot more if you're not the jock type.

yes the school has high test scores but thats only because you spend everyday practicing for the test and not talking the necessary time to really learn the information because a the end of the day higher test scores mean more money for them

My son is finishing up his senior year at John Jay High School in Cross River. This school has been a tremendous experience for him. When he first came to John Jay, we moved from Virginia, he was very shy and withdrawn. As he entered his Junior year you could suddenly see the change in him emerging. He started to make friends and became more outgoing. I truely believe that this is a result of the effort and provided by the staff at John Jay. My son was an IEP student and even though he was a good student with more than passing grades he need invidual attention to succeed. John Jay ent far and above in providing this to him. He is graduating with a NY State Regents diploma, something i would never even dreamed of. This is a fantastic school and i highly reccommend John Jay to all parents and gaurdians. Thank you.

i went to this school my freshmen year for 3 months i was an outsider from the area so i was bullied and picked on since i was not with them prior to high school. i didn't not like this school at all i was transferred to rck :) i give this school a one on teachers and students there!

As a former student of Jjhs, (class of 2006), I cannot imagine having gone to another high school, I loved going to it everyday with the wonderful classmates and teachers I had that taught me how to be who I am today. With an excellent curriculumm, great staff that helped me become successful, I am so thankful that my parents moved to the district so I could benefit from the best learning experience ever!!!! Thank you to everyone who made my 4 years at this school the bestest ever!!!!!!! I hope my son will love it as much as i do when it's his turn to go!

As, A student in Katonah Lewisboro and a member of the John Jay Senior High School graduating class of 2011. Looking back on my years at John Jay High School, A lot of my success to have lead me to where I am today. I definitely give a lot the teachers who I had for classes or teachers I knew through extra curriculars.the administrators etc. It is very true that John Jay has a very safe learning environment. great athletics programs. wide range of extra curricular activities. All the teachers and support staff were always understanding of their students. having a school run by people that actually care about their students goes a long way. I don't know how I would manage to be where I currently am. If it wasn't for the support of everybody who helped me, but everyone else there. I couldn't imagine myself going to High School anywhere else. Thank you John Jay for making my one and only High School experience so great and giving me reasons to believe in myself and for all positive encouragement given.

My daughter has had wonderful shadowing opportunities - People Magazine, MSNBS and more. The school has provided an enormous about of support and assistance in the college selection process. I also feel that my child is safe at this school

I credit much of the success I had in college to my experiences at John Jay. Teachers are willing to go the extra mile for students who are willing to put in the effort. Heck, most of them go the extra mile just to help the kids who don't care about school at all! Some parents have a hard time transitioning from the middle school--where their children are essentially coddled--to the high school--where they are not. I've actually witnessed students who do not do their class reading assignments perform poorly, but then their parents call and complain about the teacher being too hard a grader! Not everyone is supposed to get an A. My art classes were also light years ahead of what other people in college had at their high schools.

Last modified John Jay High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.