6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

The Faculty at The Gow School take time to work with their students. They Communicate effectively with the family and hard working and dedicated.

Sending your child to The Gow School is a heart rending experience. Our son struggled all through grammar school. We had tutors, summer programs, extra help at school, fights over homework, getting his back pack organized each day. We were angry, frustrated and tired. I could not image what he felt like. With a great deal of hesitation, my wife convinced me it would be the right spot for him. I was still holding out for the private all-boys high school that my grandfather, father, brothers, uncles and friends attend, the same one most of his friends were going to attend. This was not to be the case for my son. I was worried about who was going to look out for him, help with is homework, talk to him about his day, keep him organized and makes he brushed his teeth! They promised good things would happen while he was at the school. He started at The Gow School last fall and had a fantastic year! He was elected to be a team Captain for two of the teams he played on. He tried new sports, had his first real heart break/ crush and traveled to Peru, made friends from all over the country and the world. He came up 6 grade levels in his reading comprehension levels! All in one school year. Through all of this, he gained confidence in himself because he realized he was not the only kid to struggle with his learning profile. As we load up my wife's car with all of his things and get ready for our trek to South Wales, for the start of his second year, I will say this to any and all who listen, The Gow School is the greatest place on earth for kids with dyslexia.

I am one of the parents who posted a review of The Gow School in 2010. My son just graduated this year and has already started Summer classes at a well known university. Before Gow, I remember thinking how I would tell my son that he could be anything he wanted to be only to realize that may not be the case in his life. What Gow offers is not just specialized education but the ability to live out the dreams of our children. How many schools can boast that 100% of their graduates go on to higher learning...and deliver! I gave Gow a boy unsure of his future and saw, on stage at graduation, a confident, dedicated, outgoing, young man of good character. Sending your child to The Gow School is worth every sacrifice!

Our son Brandon has just been enrolled to the Gow School 9-2-11 it is pain full to leave your child. Our feeling is the local school system is letting him fail and playing the blame game. It is a sacrifice but with the changing word economy he will need every advanatage. We left the school with a good feeling we are doing the right thing for our son the staff at the GOW seem truely caring. i will update his progress. Ted Brois

The Gow School has given my son the chance for the future he deserves. Sending him away from home at such a young age was a very difficult decision for all of us. But he has grown from a child who probably would never have finished high school, to a strong, confident young man with ambitious goals for his future. And I know that Gow is providing him with both the academic skills and the life skills necessary to achieve those goals.

"The Gow School saved my life, thank you , these were my son s words upon graduation after five years. He became more verbally expressive and confident academically through the extraordinary tutelage by the faculty at Gow. The strong RL (Reconstructive Language) aspect of the school s program is a key ingredient to the students education. Extracurricular activities and facilities have expanded for the boys to be constructively engaged during their stay at the school. There is also an excellent coed summer program for children. This is a male college preparatory school that is operated responsibly, with great thoughtfulness and deliberation. The faculty and staff are highly invested and committed to providing the highest level of education. The goal is to develop well educated, capable, responsible, respectful students who live with a strong moral code of ethics on a daily basis. Leadership in the form of a head master and board of trustees is strong, disciplined and dedicated.

This is my son's first year at Gow, repeating 10th grade so that he can catch up his grade level, strengthen his deficiencies from the gap that grew over the years and even have the opportunity to consider college. From the get go we knew he needed the structure and assistance he needs. Gow has a grounded, dedicated faculty always looking to work with students to reach their goals and achieve the success not experienced at previous schools. The school's faculty and staff have so greatly impressed me. The headmaster, Mr. Rogers, is dynamic, energetic and optimistic which carries across the school. Expectations are high for students. Students develop a sense of brotherhood, respect for self and others...this is evident when you meet and speak with students firsthand. The students are open, honest and so respectful and considerate. At Gow they know what they are doing. Continually at the fore front for Dyslexia and similar LD issues. I know that my son is receiving the best support available, growing his independence, self-confidence and esteem into becoming a young man who know talks about what he might like to be and do in college and beyond.

Our son is an intelligent person, but by 9th grade I feared he would not graduate from high school. He had struggled in school since first grade due to his dyslexia and was miserable and without confidence. He enrolled at The Gow School in the 9th grade and graduated a totally different person. The first year, he learned that he could learn and he never looked back. He is in college in a 3-2 program now. He spent his first 3 years of college at a selective small liberal arts school, double majoring in pre-engineering and physics. He is in the second of his last two years at an Ivy Engineering School. After he finishes his two years of engineering school, he will receive a Bachelors degree from each institution. Gow changed his life, and gave us, his parents the knowledge that he could succeed in life. Before he went to Gow, my motto for him was "a mind is a terrible thing to waste." His mind is no longer being wasted, thanks to Gow and his hard work. We are very grateful for the life the Gow school gave back to our son, through the good work of the faculty and staff there.

The teachers, administration, and staff are committed to ensure that each student is taught solid strategies which enable academic success. Positive roll models are the norm. The Gow School-Building great men by example.

The Gow School works miracles for so many students. They treat us with respect despite are disabilities, and they teach us how to succeed. 100% of graduates go on to college. This shows what wonderful people work here. I would say its the best school in the nation for Dyslexia and when you read the accomplishments of the alumni you know that whether their a college grad., a manager, a teacher, or any other position they have succeeded because of Gow. Some students have even come back and become teachers. I graduated in 2001 and know Gow has worked miracles for me as well. Michael Fannon 01

Last modified The Gow School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12