Bad
Good

This school is not the best, but definitely not the worst either. Southold does have a lot of after school activities, but even valedictorian will be denied from some colleges. Personally, I think it could be great with a lot of minor improvements. - Submitted by a student

The most recent post is so very sad, and unfortunately their experience is not at all uncommon. I know of many (I can think of at least 12) other former students who had the same experience. That is they got into college only to discover that they didn't have adequate skills to be successful and then either flunked out or got put on probation. Southold makes their students look good on paper - like putting the 'Interact club ' on their resumes and it's pretty much an inactive group - maybe they do one fundraiser the whole year! The kids who are able to cut it are naturally gifted or have parents who get them tutors. This years graduating class? No Ivy's - mostly middle of the road state schools. Too bad - such a small school should and could be a great one -what a shame it falls so short of the mark

I "graduated" from Southold. Believe me they just push students through. You need not know anything. Of course I planned on attending college and did for one semester and was not prepared for college. It was not because I did not try. I did. I tried while I was in High School at Southold. I tried my first semester at college. I never was taught how to write well. I was a B student in High School, but it did not do much for me in college. Southold HIgh School was ok to attend to pass the time, but the education you get is marginal. I am working now but do not know if I will ever return to college. If I had a choice of high schools I would not have chosen Southold.

O stars - small school being run by small minded people who act like gods virtually udisputed by anyone

im a current student at southold and its great compared to most schools and greenport especially. we have great sport and music programs as well as NJROTC. the teachers are great although some are extreamly lazy and dont care. we also waste to much money on home and career skills and other useless classes. these parents however really have no idea what their talking about. im an average student not speacil ed or part of a 'select group' and its a great place to go.

A typical NY Public School, educates to the masses. The only problem is there is no mass here, less than 300 students in the high school and the education is less than mediocre. There a handful of caring teachers but the cirriculum is too limited and drab.

Last modified Southold Junior Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.