No rating

Staten Island Montessori School

Private | PK-8 | 24 students

Living in Staten Island

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $475,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,450.

Sweep tile

Posted April 11, 2014

school has camera system in all classes but will not allow parents to view even if its compromising their children's safety. I told them i would remove my child from the school and they said that would be fine with them ..they would not allow me to view the video. very disrespectful director . beware!

Posted November 15, 2013

How much is the tuition for preshoolers (age 2)? Thank you................... This thing wants me to post more than 15 words when all I had was one question. :-)

Posted February 20, 2013

My three and half year old son loves going to this school. However there are pros and cons: Pros: Great quality top notch approach to each child, academic and social skills being learned, light physical exercise, no naps in PM. Cons: Expensive, many school breaks (to my knowledge winter in Dec, mid-winter in Feb, spring in Mar/Apr and schoold year ends third week in Jun when classes run only half day). Overall, I am still choosing this school because of it's uniquness and outstanding quality for child's development. I wish they had classes in summer as a "summer camps".

Posted May 10, 2010

What a wonderful place. The teachers are so kind and dedicated. I feel very lucky to have my children here.

Posted May 5, 2010

I never saw children cry because it was the last day of school until S.I. Montessori! My children love going to school every day. I am so thankful for the excellent education they are receiving and for the love of learning that has been instilled in them by their wonderful teachers!

Posted May 4, 2010

Staten Island Montessori is a great place for your child to learn. The teachers are top notch and make learning an enjoyable experience. My husband and I get many compliments on our sons' good behavior and their articulation. When people ask us what school they attend, we say Staten Island Montessori.

Posted April 30, 2010

I like the structure and organization. The teachers are simply the best! Great education and atmosphere.!

Posted April 30, 2010

This school is a special place were learning is united!!!

Posted April 29, 2010

My nephews enjoy going to school and have good teachers and friends.

Posted April 29, 2010

Great teachers, my daughter really likes going to school because of the great environment and supportive atmosphere.

Posted April 29, 2010

Staten Island Montessori School has a wonderful director, fabulous staff, and amazing teachers that care about the development of each child individually. They work hard to make each child and parent feel welcomed at the school and strive for a family environment.

Posted April 29, 2010

It is a great facility to learn and grow, special and individualized for all types of children

Posted April 29, 2010

the teachers really care about the students and their philosphies on education are implemented beautifully in the classroom. My son is doing well and has learned so many new things. I genuinely feel that the staff cares about him, his needs, and our needs as a family.

Posted April 29, 2010

Every day my child is learning something new and is able to reflect on the new material and demonstrate eagerness to return to school the next day - it's such a gift for me.

Posted April 29, 2010

My granddaughter is enrolled in Montessori and is very happy there and learning a great deal.

Posted April 6, 2010

S.I. Montessori has the most caring, dedicated collection of teachers I have ever encountered. My children get plenty of individualized attention and encouragement, ensuring they've really mastered material and preparing them for the next challenge. Strong academics in a family atmosphere, Staten Island Montessori is a school that feels like home.

Posted June 3, 2009

The Montessori method of teaching coupled with the exemplary teaching staff make for a wonderful learing environment! My children are excellent students and thinkers thanks to this school and its teachers. Equally as important as the academics, are the social skills they have learned here. They have been taught to be kind, compassionate and well-mannered. This place is the best-kept secret on SI!

Posted March 5, 2009

I wish I was a child again and could attend this wonderful school. The stuff is absolutely the best in the world! My children love it and it makes me the happiest person. Thank you Montessori School!!!

Asian N/A 6%
Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Constance E. Costa
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • AMS

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

500 Butler Boulevard