Staten Island, NY

P.S. 65 the Academy of Innovative Learning 4

Posted April 11, 2014
Every child should have the good fortune of an education from PS65 I have found the leadership team of Scamardella, Rodriguez and Reilly, vigilant and address every issue and concern that came up......right away. Like it was their own child. My daughter has been going to this school since kindergarten. She was shy and struggled academically. I have watched her blossom and progress in many ways, socially and academically. And since the first day I walked into this school, I felt like I was walking into their home. It may sound hard to believe, but now that I am researching middle schools, I am just so grateful for the time I had here and for the hard work and expertise of this team and their staff. I see the results in my daughter every day.

Posted December 17, 2013
This school is not at all what these positive reviews perk up to be unless the reviews are from the teachers or staff themselves. I can't wait to put my kids in another school after this school year. Principal nevers sees two sides to a story. She is all for the teacher rather than the parent. She hugs one parent and ignores another with no shame. The supposed Counselor of the school hasn't helped my family in any way and is very impersonal. There is no more Spanish as a class so the kids are lacking the secondary language in America. And it is true about the teacher's who's kids go to the school and they do always get awards. It's pretty funny. I don't care if a council woman supports this school, she is not there every day to know the deal, my kids, my wife and i are.

Posted November 19, 2013
We're very happy we have such a great public school on the Staten Island north shore.

P.S. 65 the Academy of Innovative Learning 2

Posted August 23, 2013
this school needs to work on equality, which it lacks. i am hoping for a good school year for my children and self. i dont think teachers should have their kids in the same school ( which this school supports), only because the teachers children constantly receive awards every darn month which i find disgusting.

Posted August 23, 2013
Both of my chidren attend this school, I couln't be more happy with a school. The Principle is amazing, Ms. Rodriguez and the entire staff are amazing. I'm so pleased that my children are apart of such an amazing experience.

Posted January 23, 2013
great principal and teachers....also my children loves this school. but iam so concern because the have no middle school.. so iam happy if they have everything convieneon..we are so lucky to got that school

Posted July 31, 2012
Best elementary school on Staten Island. Teachers and staff treat my child with respect and care. PTA is active and inviting. There was a past PTA president that recently lost re-election and I feel that has been the basis for some of the negative reviews found on this site. This is sad. Nevertheless there is a reason why there is a waiting list to get in and Debbie Rose earmarked over a million dollars to build an auditorium. Also the concrete back yard is being transformed this summer into a performing arts and play area including an outdoor stage. Sending my child to Ps 65 has been decision for my child's learning and social development. PS 65 Rocks!

Posted June 22, 2012
Not happy with this school, staff, and approach. Very fake to me and not sincere.

Posted June 03, 2012
I placed a response back in 2010, my mindset has changed about this school since then. To give a more constructive approach, this school has heart, however I do personally feel that the school needs more guidance for their employees. Also, as with many schools, it can be political; If a parent is active in the school, their child is praised, while the busy parents children are less noticed during events as opposed to the students "personal self and character" rather than the parent's. The PTA is downhill and surely unorganized. Some of the veteran teachers are more comfortable to be less professional. When my munchkin started the school, I was very active and felt welcomed, many smiles and everything was gravy.The turn around was as if night vs day once I started working double shifts and was less active. Try and be as active as you can, and the more you donate and raise for the school the better for your kid. No school is perfect, this school is okay. I think the approved schools on this particular site actually receive an accredited seal next to it's link.

P.S. 65 the Academy of Innovative Learning 0

Posted October 25, 2010
The principal and the guidance counselor along with the teacher are all great. Everyone is easy to talk to and it feels like a family.

P.S. 65 the Academy of Innovative Learning
98 Grant Street, Staten Island, NY  10301
Last modified P.S. 65 the Academy of Innovative Learning is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
P.S. 65 the Academy of Innovative Learning Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top