Staten Island, NY

Posted May 13, 2014
I'm a friend of many parents . On the outside looking in. I believe that the students are getting a fine and fun learning experience during their courses. The faculty is well managed and a very caring staff indeed. I particularly like the art class and the other enrichment courses. It gives the children more.

Staten Island School Of Civic Leadership 3

Posted January 01, 2014
The teachers are always talking about the confidential stuff with other people and they always say they don't support bullying when you always hear them talking trash about each other behind each other's back one of the teachers told us we stink and sprayed us with perfume. The teacher also gave extra hw because we "didn't do good enough" when we tried our best the teachers always hear kids curse and bully others and just ignore it this school sucks and is not a good environment

Posted April 23, 2013
SISCL 861 is an excellent school throughout all its programs and activities. My children have been in this school since Kindergarten, and currently are in 3rd and 4th grade and I couldn't be happier with their progress. Teachers are doing an amazing job and the principle is a true professional. Thank you

Posted August 07, 2012
I love this school. The principal runs a tight ship and always has an open door policy to address the concerns of parents. Both of my boys enjoy going to school each and every day. My older one just graduated and my little one is excelling in all of his subjects. The teachers answer e-mails quickly(even in the summer). I am very pleased with the education my children are receiving compared with neighborhood schools.

Staten Island School Of Civic Leadership 1

Posted August 06, 2012
This school is packed with bully's from teachers who are rude and condescending towards the students, a principle who is just mean and students who hit kick spit and bite and nothing gets done about it...I am taking both my kids out of this school..the only thing good about this school is the parent teacher coordinator who is patient, kind and always helpful...
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 12, 2012
My son is in K and he is really doing great with support of his excellent teachers . He is already in I level in reading n hopefully he will be in J level by the end of this semester . I like this school n teachers....

Posted April 05, 2012
My son is in Kindergarten and was at reading level F by mid March. The expectation for K is level D by the end of the school year. His math level also exceeds expectation. SISCL is equivalent to a private school. Staff is dedicated, principal is excellent, school facility is brand new and top notch. Something special is here. Should be the template for public schools nationwide, hopefully it will be.

Posted April 04, 2012
My daughter is in K and it is not the end of the school year and she is already a "D" Reader. Thus, she is Above Average. I am so proud of her & Thank you to SISCL. Wonderful atmosphere for any child.

Posted April 10, 2011
My twins are in 1st grade and they started at PS861 in kindergarten.I am thrilled with the progress they have made in this school.The teachers are amazing as well as the principal and staff.They treat you like family and take the kids education very seriously.I couldn't be happier at this school and my kids come home happy everyday.That means alot.

Posted November 09, 2010
My son was very shy and withdrawn before going here. When he started in PS861, he was going into first grade. Socially he has changed dramatically . He is now outgoing and has a lot of friends. He also is doing AMAZINGLY well in all subjects, and I think the incredible teachers and the way that this school focuses of leadership skills and social behavior as well as academic work is what has encouraged this change. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!

Staten Island School Of Civic Leadership
280 Regis Drive, Staten Island, NY  10314
Last modified Staten Island School Of Civic Leadership is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Staten Island School Of Civic Leadership Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top