Bad
Good

The school staff of the elementary school are dishonest, unwelcoming,and will go to any extent to discriminate against and force out students with disabilities.

I had high expectations when I enrolled my daughter at this school, guess what all those expectations were crushed in 2.5 months. The teachers are great, they go out of their way to help the students succeed. The problem here is the environment itself, the students are in control, they do as they please and I can say that unfortunately the staff has no control over them, they try hard though but the behavior those kids have in school is the exact mirroring of what they have and they witness at home. We had to pull our daughter from Lavelle immediately after 6th grade. If you have expectations towards your children and see that they have potential don't send them here, the environment will ruin all that for you and your family. I am being very nice and reserved with this review just because I have great respect for the 6th grade team of teachers and don't want to harm their hard work at anyway.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The Teachers are effective not only because they have special relationships with the students, but also the test results are ok. I personally do not think test results are authentic, and I see the teachers take initiative to grow, learn and make mistakes.

Amount of homework: Agree

I like their philosophy with HW, and most teachers adhere to short HW assignments, so students can develop other areas and have family time. Who wants to work 8 hours and then bring home 2 more hours of work- I dont!

Develops character: Agree

The school develops the students and promotes choice in many areas. If a student is caught doing something they are given a chance to make things right.

The teachers here give 100% and often stay late and promote critical thinking. This is a school where the teachers grow and learn with your children. It is a school were problems are addressed and not pushed aside. The students are given choice here and a chance to correct their own behavior. The teacher/student ratio is wonderful. My child attended a different school and said that there is no bullying at this school, and if something starts it is caught and taken care of.

My daughter is finishing her second year at Levelle Prep. The only good thing in this school is the fact that the kids can't walk out, or cut school and that the school calls if a child is absent. I find it hard to believe that this school is a college prep school. The teachers are nice but most times it takes away from having order and this is why the kids do and act as they please. Homework assignments are rare and if given it doesn't take more than ten minutes to complete. I am very disappointed because i had higher expectations in Lavelle. I am pulling my daughter out to get an education that will challenge her for better rather than just get her through. There are numerous opportunities that other schools have to offer her for a brighter future

Dont send your child here they have no control over discipline... The reading scores are horrible and the children lack respect for themselves or authority... A complete waste....

Lavelle Prep..This school does nothing for the students and they treat the students like they are nothing. My son has been in this school since the 6th grade and nothing but trouble. I have called the school because my son was being bullied and they did nothing. I had to take matters into my own hands. The teachers are there just for a pay check not to help the student. My son got suspended for tapping on the chair and school told me if I can't pick him I can give verbal permission to let him take the city bus home. Mind you he is only in the 8th grade are you kidding me. No school even high school will let your child leave with a parent. Also the teachers do not reach out to the parents. The staff feels as though they do nothing wrong and your child is the one who is wrong.

If your looking for a college prep school with a lot of low average students with lots of special needs, bullying and suspension central, inexperienced teachers, could be better leadership with students who couldnt make it in a general public school come join this alternate like school its 4 u.

Last modified John W Lavelle Preparatory Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.