Staten Island, NY

Ps 74 Future Leaders Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
I feel the environment of the school is very positive and my children always tell me they're very happy with their day-to day activities. My wife has been more involved directly with their teachers but I have spent time in various after-school activities and events and I'm pleasantly please with how the children engage with the teachers and their peers! The only thing I would recommend that PS 74 could improve on is providing parents with a better advanced notice on events that kids will are participating in. I've sometimes received notices 24-48 hours prior to an event with very little time to plan or make arrangements on attending.

Ps 74 Future Leaders Elementary School 5

Posted April 11, 2011
Just opened this year, Future Leaders Elementary School has the feel of a small private school under the cover of just another public school. The staff as amazing! They always go above and beyond for every student, and they truly care. You can see that they love where they work, and the students love where they go to school. Parent involvement in the school is phenomenal. Beyond the normal PTA hours, parents are invited to join in during classroom activities at least twice a month, with an open door policy for any that would like to drop by in-between those dates. Students are well familiar with parent's faces, and parents with student's names and faces. The school is focused on science and the arts, and often holds after-school workshops for the entire family to join. I simply cannot say enough about how wonderful this school is, and what a fresh breath of air it's been for us as parents after our experience with P.S. 16 the previous school year.

Ps 74 Future Leaders Elementary School
211 Daniel Low Terrace, Staten Island, NY  10301
Last modified Ps 74 Future Leaders Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 74 Future Leaders Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 2 reviews. Top