Bad
Good

Great school with very nurturing environment and individualized approach. Teachers and other staff members know students by names, kids are encouraged to turn to school faculty with any questions or concerns

IS 7 is a great school. My son went to this school for 3 years and he loved it !!!!!!!!!!!

My child goes to i.s.7 and she loves it the environment is safe and the school is dissaplant but to an understanding matter. if you can seed your kid(s) to i.s.7 they will love it and so will you.

My daughter was bulled by the after school program monitors and this was addressed byt he School Administation right away. Parents needs to know how to report and manage issues for thier children - after all we are their greatest advocates. Any issues not addressed by the school had to be poorly comunicated by the parent. This is an excellent school and another example of how their Administration took care of a problem right away.

My son is in his last year at IS 7, and he has had a wonderful experience. I admit, I wasn t sure how my son would adjust coming from a very small "north shore" elementary school, but he flourished both academically and as a young man. The teachers and administrators have high expectations of the children's behavior and academic performance. They enforce rules in a caring and nurturing way. The friends my son met are great kids. The Band programs are amazing! (Mr. Toro should be recognized for his amazing work!) Overall, IS 7 is a great example that NYC public junior highs can work!

Terrible school. My daughter went there from 2008-2011. She got teased by her classmates and the teachers just look the other way. She hated that school so much that every day she will make up some excuses of not going to school. 3 years in that school was a nightmare to her.

Terrible school in terms of uncontrollable student body and administration. Many teachers are great, but they are pressured to teach to the test. I found myself wanting to learn more, but the school just couldn't provide. My three years here were a waste of time that could have been much better spent.

My son teaches in this school and I hear excellent things about it. I heard positive things from everybody I speak to. This school is called exceptional.

My child is new to the public school system (previously prek-5 in a catholic school) and I am very happy with the teachers and curriculum this school offers. IS 7 is much warmer and less 'dramatic' than the private school my daughter previously attended. The math and ELA program are challenging, and teachers do not just pacify the kids. They help them learn in a positive environment. The kids are treated fairly. No bullying policy is standard practice. Also, it's nice that they have special events like field days and fall festivals. Welcoming environment. I'm glad my daughter is at IS7.

I graduated from this school years ago, and now my 2 daughters are in the school. What is not to love? The teachers, staff, principal all work so hard to give our children the best education. The after school program is amazing and the students themselves are wonderful. It is a wonderful, caring environment that anyone would be lucky to send their children to and know they are being well taken care of and well educated!

Last modified Is 7 Elias Bernstein is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.