New Dorp High School 4

Posted May 31, 2014
New Dorp high school is a wonderful high school, my child is getting a wonderful education, has a group of great friends, and is happy, the principle is a caring wonderful lady, who cares for all students. teachers and staff are great, would recommend this high school

Posted November 19, 2013
Its the most wonderful school in the world.one of the greatest schools with great disiplant the school has. The kids are controlled I would definitely send my child here

Posted November 19, 2013
I would reccomend this school for everybody there academics got better I don't care what anybody says I recommend it for you others probably don't know what there saying but. I know this school very well has many clubs as much as the principal very nice and the student will listen

Posted November 19, 2013
I heard this school is great so I took my kid and he loved it the principal is great and the lunchroom is always clean and have a great disiplant in the children I recommend this school

Posted November 14, 2013
I would not recommend this school to anyone. It's so difficult to get in contact with the school. If you are lucky enough to get in contact than they still don't help to inform you on anything that you may have asked about. They are also a very over populated school which causes a lot of choas and destruction within the hallways. Since the school is overpopulated they have many teachers and staff members teaching subjects that they are unfamiliar with.

Posted September 29, 2013
I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL to anybody!!! It is so frustrating to see how things are handled inside this educational complex. My children tried out for so many sports teams and later found out that many coaches are not even familiar with the sports they are coaching!!! The only reason why these "coaches" got the position is because they are friendly with the administration. Can you believe it!!! What a nepotism, and the worse case is that NOBODY CARES to do anything! I even heard that there is a coach who never runs practices, doesn't train the team properly and leaves early. He is just there to get a paycheck. I spoke with other parents, they said they tried to reach the principal and the athletic director without any result. Clearly, the administration supports this type of behavior and work ethic inside New Dorp High School. Maybe, that's the way the run the school and that's why the school is going down the drain in the past year. My children came from catholic schools and unfortunately they landed at New Dorp. I hope next year we are able to transfer them to Tottenville HS.

New Dorp High School 3

Posted September 10, 2013
I really admires the merits and the excellent job the school have for parents although am not a parent in the school but opt to my hearing from other comment from people. Keep up your hard working.

Posted January 25, 2013
I highly recommend New Dorp High School. This school is a wonderful school to be apart of. My daughter is in her fourth year attending this school and loves going to school everyday. She has taken many challenging courses as well as college course to prepare her for college and for her future. Throughout her four years she has admired and looked up to her teachers who have helped her grow and learn so much. As a parent who is very involved in this school, I have seen how New Dorp is run inside and out and I am extremely impressed with how Ms. DeAngelis runs this school with a firm hand but in a loving way her staff and students. I have never had a problem reaching out to a teacher or staff with any concern or issue I encountered. My only wish is that teachers would attend the PTA meetings and there were more parent involvement. Parent involvement in a childs schooling benefits the child and the school.

Posted November 14, 2012
New Dorp is a great school. This is my second child attending in the Corporate Center For Business & Technology Institute. A sophomore this year and loves it here. My oldest child graduated from ND with honors (Math and Science Institute) the staff is Super &The Principal is AWESOME!!!! We love you Ms. D, keep up the GREAT work with the Green, Gold & White!!!

Posted April 14, 2012
I see the kids come out of that establishment every day and cannot fathom what it must be like for the quiet children who for whatever reasons end up going there. There is clearly no discipline, teachings of respect or control period. The kids have filthy mouths and the conversations are always about "jumping" someone tomorrow. I don't understand how it is even possible to get an education in a place like that.

New Dorp High School
465 New Dorp Ln, Staten Island, NY  10306
Last modified New Dorp High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Dorp High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top