Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The issue I have with this school is that my son did not get the help or attention he needed. I asked in January to have my son see a counselor because he was having issues in school. I was told they were very busy. He graduated without ever talking to a soul. Also, if your child is not popular do not expect to see them in any video, picture, etc. They asked parents to send in pictures, but I work. I was not allowed to go to the dance because I am not PTA, so how was I suppose to get pictures? I am glad that my time there is done. I have to say, I had a great experience when my older son went to the school, sad I can't say that is how we left.

The teachers are very involved with their students and show genuine concern. The staff and principal are great as well.

The staff is outstanding they go above and beyond and the new principal is great!

The communication between teacher and parent is really disappointing. You cant speak to your child's teacher directly , you have to go through a horrible web site called Pupil Path. Maybe they get back you, maybe they don't, but always via the website. Very disorganized, no one ever seems to know whats going on, and you can never get anyone on the phone, it's very frustrating to say the least.

I am highly disappointed by the school . We moved this year to the south thinking that it is one of the best schools , but I am shocked with the poor quality of that school . I have to say that I am lucky with two good teachers , Mrs. Insalaco and Mrs. DelFino. If it wasn't for them , I would have homeschooled my children . The school principal and administration are in their own bubbles. They NEVER return any messages ;Except for Ms. A , assistant principals at the ECC . The school doesn't have any programs or clubs or any sort of activities that would enrich students learning experience. My older child is going to middle school soon , but I would try to move my first grader from that school . If you are a parent who is looking for a strong overall learning experience for your child , try to avoid that school .

I went to this school and now my kids attend it and it has great potential to be as wonderful as it used to be. Principal Wilson is a wretch of a woman but her staff and PTA are fantastic. Especially the aides at their Annex. Such loving caring women who genuinely care about the kids.

Mrs.Wilson (principal) by far lacks leadership and a big sense of urgency. When issues have been surfaced and you can finally get in contact with her, she seems to be interested but constantly denies that the issue can be happening or states that the issues is being magnified by the students. She is constantly defending the issues and changing her story. She is always get caught up with her lies. She should have been a politician. Then she will single out your child and make it a point to pass remarks to your child so any issue that has been addressed and she an justify that the parent might be incorrect at a point in time, she will tell the student go back and tell your parent... (Example: student were consistently been punished for taking during lunch and having to sit quietly in the auditorium afterwards. So if they didn't have to sit quietly she would tell that student to tell their parent when they got home that they didn't get punished today). it appears that her staff doesn't agree with a lot of her actions but live in fear.

This school has such great potential. The teachers are very caring, but are scared of the principal. The principal is unapproachable and always right, even if she is wrong. Her vice principal will tell you what you want to hear then tell the next parent what they want to hear. The principal has a closed door policy. When at the annex, kids had fun learning, now that we are at the main, it is miserable. What is the point of a great education if the leaders don't follow suit?

My daughter has attended PS3 since kindergarten, she is now in the 3rd grade. I am very happy with her academic performance. My experience was great with the Principal she gave me personal time and was very aware of my child's situation. My daughter loved all of her teachers, including her Para's. The staff has always understood and been very helpful in accommodating my daughter's severe medical condition. No complaints.

PS 3 is NOT the place to be. The teachers are wonderful and are the only saving grace about this school. The administration is horrible. They never return calls. You have to ambush them by surprise in person during the school day to get any kind of answers. They never have PTA meetings at night so working parents can't attend. When you do bring up an issue at a PTA meeting Ms. Wilson shuts you down and says she'll talk to you in private but disappears. On the surface it seems like a good school with good programs. However it is overcrowded and you feel like you constantly have to fight to get basic things for your child. If Ms. Wilson and Ms. Papa were no longer there the place would be great. Until then the school is going down the tubes.

Last modified Ps 3 The Margaret Gioiosa School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.