Staten Island, NY

Posted April 17, 2014
Good school ...all 4 of my kids have attended this school...great parent involvement...the teachers care about the students and their academic progress

Ps 4 Maurice Wollin 1

Posted January 29, 2013
My daughter goes to this school for the third year and I am appalled at the lack of dedication and consistency amongst the teachers. I have to yet find a single teacher who would live by what they say to the parents in the beginning of the year! As a working mom I don't have much visibility to what's going on in the classroom, the amount of homework is inconstent and there is not enough review materials given prior to the tests - which the teachers don't even bother to review for months! Extra curricular stuff is just about squeezing money from parents but not much is available. When I met with the teachers they all sing songs about their great dedication and how well they are doing their jobs but they are quick to point out anything that the child does wrong, and I believe they do single out the students that don't fit the mainstream. I have just had it there, I am planning to either sign up for the lottery for Petrides or take her to the private setting.

Posted October 25, 2010
my son who is a student in 4 has only been there for 2 years, kindergarten and now 1st grade and i must tell u this school is amazing! i was worried about this school beacuse the ratings aren't all that great . i assure u you dont have anything to worry about the teachers are great especially because they care about there students , its not just a job for them ! its the only school i know of that u actually see the principal!!!!! he is outside in the mornings greeting the children and through out the day he is around! hes not always in the office behind a desk! love love the school my son has become so independent and this school gets them started at a young age to prepare for there studies, but not only learn it they actually understand what is getting taught to them!

Ps 4 Maurice Wollin 0

Posted October 19, 2010
Most of the teachers are really great and we have many programs for special needs children.

Ps 4 Maurice Wollin 0

Posted May 21, 2010
I love my sons teachers and there teaching programs they use.

Ps 4 Maurice Wollin 4

Posted December 01, 2009

Ps 4 Maurice Wollin 4

Posted September 01, 2009

Posted April 03, 2009
Great school! Caring and dedicated faculty. I have a kindergardener and 1st grader in the school, and am very pleased with their progress at PS 4. It is a safe, clean, and fun learning environment where teachers truly care about the well being of the students and challenge them to not just meet standards, but exceed them.

Posted March 10, 2009
I only can say that: Teachers really care about students. The kinder program is excellent!

Ps 4 Maurice Wollin 1

Posted February 27, 2009

Ps 4 Maurice Wollin
200 Nedra Lane, Staten Island, NY  10312
Last modified Ps 4 Maurice Wollin is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 4 Maurice Wollin Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top