Bad
Good

Excellent School - My three children attended PS4 and I have nothing but praise to speak of. They provide a sound academic environment and emphasize respect 4 all. Safety is, and has always been, a high priority for this school. When I returned to work, I had peace of mind knowing they were safe and learning. One of my children needed and received excellent speech services. All three did well in school - two went on to JHS honor programs.

Good school ...all 4 of my kids have attended this school...great parent involvement...the teachers care about the students and their academic progress

My daughter goes to this school for the third year and I am appalled at the lack of dedication and consistency amongst the teachers. I have to yet find a single teacher who would live by what they say to the parents in the beginning of the year! As a working mom I don't have much visibility to what's going on in the classroom, the amount of homework is inconstent and there is not enough review materials given prior to the tests - which the teachers don't even bother to review for months! Extra curricular stuff is just about squeezing money from parents but not much is available. When I met with the teachers they all sing songs about their great dedication and how well they are doing their jobs but they are quick to point out anything that the child does wrong, and I believe they do single out the students that don't fit the mainstream. I have just had it there, I am planning to either sign up for the lottery for Petrides or take her to the private setting.

my son who is a student in 4 has only been there for 2 years, kindergarten and now 1st grade and i must tell u this school is amazing! i was worried about this school beacuse the ratings aren't all that great . i assure u you dont have anything to worry about the teachers are great especially because they care about there students , its not just a job for them ! its the only school i know of that u actually see the principal!!!!! he is outside in the mornings greeting the children and through out the day he is around! hes not always in the office behind a desk! love love the school my son has become so independent and this school gets them started at a young age to prepare for there studies, but not only learn it they actually understand what is getting taught to them!

Most of the teachers are really great and we have many programs for special needs children.

I love my sons teachers and there teaching programs they use.

Great school! Caring and dedicated faculty. I have a kindergardener and 1st grader in the school, and am very pleased with their progress at PS 4. It is a safe, clean, and fun learning environment where teachers truly care about the well being of the students and challenge them to not just meet standards, but exceed them.

I only can say that: Teachers really care about students. The kinder program is excellent!

I am a parent of 4 which of whom all either attend or attended PS 4. The school has become a much more friendly enviornment this year and I am pleased to help out whenever I can. PTA is also very very nice and really try to do extro for the kids....good choice, if you are looking to send your kids her. Principal is wonderfuland teacher, (most of) are very willing to workwith parents to get what is best for the children.

Both of my children attended this school, one has since graduated and the other is a third grader. It is a great school, I do however think that in the past few years children are receiving more homework, papers, and projects(Science Projects from the third grade, that are done 90% by the parents). Yet they are being taught less due to the curriculum changes that only touch on lessons without fully teaching them. Third graders (as well as their parents that need to help them) should not be getting 1-2 hours of homework three or four nights per week.

Last modified Ps 4 Maurice Wollin is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.