Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon 1

Posted October 31, 2014
Teachers can be rude and administration is no help. Students are made to feel helpless non motivated by teachers. Many discipline problems that affect good students negatively. Very disappointed in the school and staff not what my family and I expected.

Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon 4

Posted October 30, 2014
P.S. 8 Is a great school my son loves the school. Principal and staff do an outstanding job ! Environment is warm and colorful . Continue with great work!

Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon 2

Posted July 29, 2014
PS 8 is great school for learning but horrible environment, which also has an impact on our children. Principal and staff can be nasty at times. Kids rude and undisciplined. There are even moms who argue and threaten to physically fight each other at school events and on facebook. We're transferring back to our old school!

Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon 1

Posted May 20, 2014
Improve the school by saying good bye to principal and parent coordinator!!!!! They are no help!!!!

Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon 5

Posted April 02, 2014
best school ever for your kids my 2 daughters will be going here and they will be learning tremendiously.

Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon 5

Posted September 11, 2013
PS* has a great school with great teachers and an outstanding principal that should be rewarded.

Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon 4

Posted August 07, 2011
In my 30+ years, I taught in many schools throughout Brooklyn before arriving at PS 8. I feel confident to say to parents looking for a caring school that PS 8 will provide their children with the educational, social and emotional needs they will rely on as they expand their education. The principal and her administration create a warm atmosphere where the children feel happy and secure which clears the path for successful learning skills. As a recently retired alumni, I am proud to have my youngest grandson attend PS 8 in September. The priceless friendships they forge in these six years are memorable.

Posted October 28, 2010
My children have attended PS 8 for years and I have no complaints at all. They truely care about the children and I am very happy that my children have such a wonderful school to go to.

Posted October 25, 2010
The school has excellent faculty who work together with the community and parents, which makes the school run smoothly & the children receive an excellent education!

Posted October 22, 2010
P.S. 8 is a wonderful school with a very dedicated staff. The teachers teach and the children learn. Having worked there for many years I witnessed children coming back to see a favorite teacher to show him/her how well they have done or to volunteer to help in the classroom. Children leave PS 8 with a solid educational background and fond memories.

Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon
112 Lindenwood Rd, Staten Island, NY  10308
Last modified Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top