Staten Island, NY

Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon 1

Posted October 31, 2014
Teachers can be rude and administration is no help. Students are made to feel helpless non motivated by teachers. Many discipline problems that affect good students negatively. Very disappointed in the school and staff not what my family and I expected.
2 people found this helpful

Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon 4

Posted October 30, 2014
P.S. 8 Is a great school my son loves the school. Principal and staff do an outstanding job ! Environment is warm and colorful . Continue with great work!

Posted August 30, 2014
The school is amazing. I do not approve of the new time changes. I hope this is changed.

Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon 2

Posted July 29, 2014
PS 8 is great school for learning but horrible environment, which also has an impact on our children. Principal and staff can be nasty at times. Kids rude and undisciplined. There are even moms who argue and threaten to physically fight each other at school events and on facebook. We're transferring back to our old school!

Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon 1

Posted May 20, 2014
Improve the school by saying good bye to principal and parent coordinator!!!!! They are no help!!!!
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 02, 2014
best school ever for your kids my 2 daughters will be going here and they will be learning tremendiously.

Posted April 02, 2014
loveeee this school, I am very happy with this school!!!. I am so happy my daugther is excited to go to schooyl every day!!. I can easily say how comfortable I am so is my daugther, and I can recomend it to anyone,is has been a great experience and I am sending my son as well in september, I am excited for him, I feel safe its so close to my house I can walk there if I had like too.

Posted September 11, 2013
PS* has a great school with great teachers and an outstanding principal that should be rewarded.

Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon 4

Posted August 07, 2011
In my 30+ years, I taught in many schools throughout Brooklyn before arriving at PS 8. I feel confident to say to parents looking for a caring school that PS 8 will provide their children with the educational, social and emotional needs they will rely on as they expand their education. The principal and her administration create a warm atmosphere where the children feel happy and secure which clears the path for successful learning skills. As a recently retired alumni, I am proud to have my youngest grandson attend PS 8 in September. The priceless friendships they forge in these six years are memorable.

Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon

Posted October 28, 2010
My children have attended PS 8 for years and I have no complaints at all. They truely care about the children and I am very happy that my children have such a wonderful school to go to.

Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon
112 Lindenwood Road, Staten Island, NY  10308
Last modified Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top