Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted November 01, 2015
Too much favoritism and the staff covers each others mistakes. The administrators say one thing and do anothet and lie to parents. If you are not part of the PTA click your situation is helpless

Posted November 01, 2015
Parents and school administrators are complete snobs and cover up all the mistakes the school makes. Not the school for you if you want your child to get a proper education. Typical clicky environment filled with bored housewives and a large gossip pool. Sending my child to St. Clares.

Posted October 31, 2014
Teachers can be rude and administration is no help. Students are made to feel helpless non motivated by teachers. Many discipline problems that affect good students negatively. Very disappointed in the school and staff not what my family and I expected.

Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon 4

Posted October 30, 2014
P.S. 8 Is a great school my son loves the school. Principal and staff do an outstanding job ! Environment is warm and colorful . Continue with great work!

Posted August 30, 2014
The school is amazing. I do not approve of the new time changes. I hope this is changed.

Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon 2

Posted July 29, 2014
PS 8 is great school for learning but horrible environment, which also has an impact on our children. Principal and staff can be nasty at times. Kids rude and undisciplined. There are even moms who argue and threaten to physically fight each other at school events and on facebook. We're transferring back to our old school!

Posted May 20, 2014
Improve the school by saying good bye to principal and parent coordinator!!!!! They are no help!!!!

Posted April 02, 2014
best school ever for your kids my 2 daughters will be going here and they will be learning tremendiously.

Posted April 02, 2014
loveeee this school, I am very happy with this school!!!. I am so happy my daugther is excited to go to schooyl every day!!. I can easily say how comfortable I am so is my daugther, and I can recomend it to anyone,is has been a great experience and I am sending my son as well in september, I am excited for him, I feel safe its so close to my house I can walk there if I had like too.

Posted September 11, 2013
PS* has a great school with great teachers and an outstanding principal that should be rewarded.

Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon
112 Lindenwood Road, Staten Island, NY  10308
Last modified Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 8 Shirlee Solomon Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top