Ps 11 Thomas Dongan School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
Little school with big hearts.... my experience has been a good one. My daugther has been blessed every year with great dedicated teachers.. They have worked with me as far as giving her the right resource she needed to excel in her education..

Posted October 24, 2013
I am very disappointed by the school. They don't care about parents and never include parents to their children educational path. The school psychology team is good but the school teachers and principal don't get involved with parents who want to be there for their children and the school process. I am very sad by the way teachers talk about students and give negative feedback about students in front of them instead of trying to do a better job to change thing to positive. The students is the one who should learn from the adult teacher by giving example instead of giving negative feedback in front of students . The other negative of this school is teacher who should be doing better work or if you don't want to work with students then give other teacher that cares the chance to make the difference in students life and really let them lead the way to educate. They need to value and keep close with parents who care and they just don't do it.

Posted October 24, 2012
I attempted to contact this school several times this year. However, they do NOT return phone calls. Every time when i call them and leave a message with thier secretary to call me back, she tells me that they have a lunch break (Does not even matter if it is in the morning or in the afternoon). I guess the PRINCIPAL eats there all day long. I guess that is why the taxpayers pay her the salary. That explains why this school has one of the worst grades of all public schools in Staten Island. This principal should be removed and should never be allowed to have a similar job.

Posted October 24, 2012
I agree with the last comment which was posted today. I have experienced the same problem when last year i've tried to enroll my kid into this school. My impression was that the principal did not care at all; was not helpful. I was forced to enroll my child into the private school because i could not trust this public school. I am sorry to hear that other people have had the same experience with the principal, but frankly i am not suprised. What really suprised me is that this person is still in that school.

Ps 11 Thomas Dongan School 2

Posted April 03, 2012
The teachers try their best under the circumstances, if they are even allowed to think for themselves. But the school should be focused more on the students rather than being a spot light for the principal. For the most part, it seems that the staff or perhaps the administration scheduling activities have no clue that most parents do not have the same schedule as the school and unable to attend events scheduled during the work day. They should be more understanding and realistic when it comes to their expectations of the parents. And the ones with children should advise the principal of the difference of being a teacher and actually being a parent responsible for the everyday life of these kids, since she seems totally oblivious to family life. Besides that, the school is in a great area.

Posted October 20, 2010
Both my children attended PS.11 and we were all happy with the school. Teacher's and staff were very nice and cared very much about the kids. The parent coordinator always went out of her way to help as much as she could. This school is a great school it's like family :)

Posted May 21, 2010
They is great care for it's students and a great faculty

Posted January 08, 2010
2009 graduate *** My daugther love PS11. She did nt want to leave. This school prepare my daughter for middle school and give her the tools to accomplish her role. I give my thanks to all the teacher's that guided my daughter throughout her school year. Parent MJ.********

Posted May 28, 2009
I am a parent and this is my daughter's fourth year in this school. I have no complaints. Her current teacher is Mrs. Williams and I think she is doing a great job with the children.

Ps 11 Thomas Dongan School 5

Posted February 23, 2009

Ps 11 Thomas Dongan School
50 Jefferson Street, Staten Island, NY  10304
Last modified Ps 11 Thomas Dongan School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 11 Thomas Dongan School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top