Bad
Good

The teachers and administration work together. My child has been very happy at the school. The principle and assistant principles are always there if you need to meet them. My daughter even got to see a broadway show. She had breakfast with Baby J.

The Teacher are wonderful. I cannot say the same for the Administration. I had an opportunity to observe the Principal. She ACTS as if she cares for the School. However, she could careless about the safety of the students. There has been many times where I have dropped my child off and there was no one monitoring the kids entering early in the morning. Also, there has been instances of bullying the boys/girls bathrooms and nothing has been done about that either. If you aren't on the PTA or SLT you are unimportant to the Principal of P.S. 16. This school is Horrible!!

Very nice school, great teachers! Greater parent involvement would be nice, having classes create class contact lists at the start of the school year so that parents and students can communicate would be great.

I was a student here in the late 1960s and early 1970s and received a good education. It is nice to see that the school has maintained a good reputation. I wonder if knows what happened to Mrs. Karen Sinclair (she was my 4th grade teacher in 1970)? I would like to find her.

I have three children in the school and think it is a great school. All the teacher and support staff are wonderful and very helpful. They all love all of their students. I am and incoming member of the pta. There is alot of parent support of this school.

THE SCHOOL IS DOING THE BEST TO PROGRESS BUT I DONT SEE IT HAPPENING CAUSE POOR DISCIPLIN ANDPOOR ENVOLVEMEHT OF PARENT.

I love this school and the teachers. We have a great environment here and everyone respects eachother. The children are very nice and they work hard. I am a para and I do the best I can for my class and for my students.

Miss Dugan,Sandy she a creat teacher who care and help all children at PS 16 John J Driscoll School.

It's a school that believes and practices parent partnership. Parents are respected and seen as an integral member of children's education, members of an extended family. I am proud to be a member of P16's family

We went from a C to an A rating, which was a big accomplishment. This was due to our teachers hard work with after school tutoring and more assessments. We are like a big family here and we treat each student like they were our own and make each child feel special. Our parents work with the teachers to provide the best they can for their children. The children here develop pride in their work and in themselves and that confidence and joy of learning encourages them to want to do better. Our school is in a poor area and could really use the money for upgrading our electricity so all classrooms can have air conditioning, especially in our gym and auditorium as many children here suffer from asthma.

Last modified Ps 16 John J Driscoll is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.