Posted May 17, 2011
I really miss this school...although i no longer live in ny i live in nc no school and no teacher will be as cool as mrs.washington she was my favorite teacher and p.s.18 was my favorite school

Posted October 08, 2010
I was a student at P.S.18 from '92-'97, and it was my experience there that encouraged me to pursue teaching as a career. I am now working as a special education teacher and love every second of it, and I've Mrs. Carol, Mrs. Jordan, Mrs. Hynes and, especially, Mrs. Spero to thank. They believed in me and taught me how to believe in myself. Where I come from, that means more than an above average score on any standardized test.

Posted March 22, 2010

Ps 18 John G Whittier 1

Posted July 18, 2008

Ps 18 John G Whittier 3

Posted April 30, 2008

Posted March 03, 2008

Ps 18 John G Whittier 4

Posted June 28, 2007
Teachers need to work better with the parent coordinator to improve parental involvement which is necessary for our children to thrive!

Ps 18 John G Whittier 4

Posted May 25, 2006
As,a parent of two children attending this school,I have to say I am quite satisfied with the principal and vice principals performance(s). The teachers as most of the staff are very helpful and committed to having both the children and the school thrive. The kitchen staff is wonderful and loving especially our beloved Mrs.Nelson. Parental involvement could use some improvement but along with the pta and the parent coordinator we will achieve this shortly.

Ps 18 John G Whittier 3

Posted June 02, 2005
The teachers work hard in this school to provide truly involving classroom activities. Unfortunately, many discipline problems within the classes prevent the teachers from doing an effective job, and there is not nearly enough art/music/enrichment programming.

Ps 18 John G Whittier
221 Broadway, Staten Island, NY  10310
Last modified Ps 18 John G Whittier is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 18 John G Whittier Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top