Posted September 29, 2014
I couldnt agree more with the comments about the principal's nasty attitude toward teachers and parents. She rules this school through threats and intimation actually targeting teachers for no good reason and driving them out by being abusive. How she is still in the system and considered an educator is baffling. I feel badly for the teachers who, despite the impossible atmosphere truly care about their students and try to do their very best by them. This school would be great if morale wasn't so low and the staff so on edge due to threats from the principal. She speaks to parents like they're idiots- as if she's doing them a favor by addressing their concerns. She's quick to play the blame game and throw staff under the bus. Leaders should lead by example- not by setting up a hostile environment where a fear based economy thrives.

Ps 21 Margaret Emery Elm Park 3

Posted June 18, 2014
I hear there is some "funny business" going on between two female teachers in school. Should be looked into by the administration if you ask me. Although it's just "hear- say", it should be investigated.

Posted January 31, 2014
This is my sons first year at this school and I most say the principal is most disrespectful and unprofessional person ever. I agree with the other parents. She should work with animals cause that's who she thinks she's speaking to. She's is so lucky that I'm a respectful person. She thinks she's dealing with people that don't have educations and don't know who to speak English and won't answer her back. She should go back to school and learn how to communicate with others.

Posted January 02, 2014
I thought I was the only person that felt this way about the principal, parent coordinator and secretary. My daughter has been attending this school since kindergarten and now she's in second grade and it has gotten from bad to worse. and this will be her last year and this circus they call a school.

Posted September 11, 2013
Well this is my child first year attending this school and I truly think the second grade teachers are great. But on the other hand the principal has to work on her social and people skills she's awful. I heard this isn't the first time a parent complained about her until I seen it for myself yesterday at pick up. I thought to myself if I wasn't a person with respect for others I would have told her off. Lets see how the rest of the year goes. I suggest she looks for a job that has nothing to do with communicating with people such as dog walking because her lack of respect for others sure isnt there .

Posted June 14, 2013
This this is my son's first time and last time going to this school he's in 3rd grade the school isnt good and the principal is very disrespectful, unprofessional and very obnoxious and does not know how to speak to parents and students the teachers are not that great either. my son also suffered from being bullied all year and the principal and teacher just ignored it and pushed it to the side plenty of times and never did anything about it my son was very miserable at this school and is happy that he will not be attending next year also Mr Fernandez is the principles puppet and will do anything that she says the main problem is the principal at the school and I really think that she needs to be replaced with someone better

Ps 21 Margaret Emery Elm Park 2

Posted October 31, 2011
this is my sons first year there and i have found the secretary's and principal very unprofessional when you speak to them. also the way they dismiss all the children is crazy when it rains you cant even find your child they just put them in any room they are not organized,but on the better part when i have spoken to some of the teachers they showed there interested for there kids and i do agree they need special programs and a pre-k.

Ps 21 Margaret Emery Elm Park 5

Posted October 14, 2011
This is my daughter's first year at this school. She entered as a transfer student going into the 4th grade. It's only October and I've talked to the teacher 3x's. None of it was negative but great communication between teacher and parent shows my daughter that we are all on the same page and we are here to help her do well.

Ps 21 Margaret Emery Elm Park 3

Posted August 21, 2010
teachers are good,but parking and picking up children ends up being a ticket frenzy for cops,there should be school busses!principal has to learn the difference between parents and students when speaking to them!she can be very judgemental and obnoxious.

Ps 21 Margaret Emery Elm Park 5

Posted May 08, 2010
Nearly 4 generations of my family attended this school. The teachers are amazing and are always willing to take time out to help students in need. P.S.21 is a wonderful place. It gives off the right message to students and helps them to grow throughout their years in attendance.

Ps 21 Margaret Emery Elm Park
168 Hooker Place, Staten Island, NY  10302
Last modified Ps 21 Margaret Emery Elm Park is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 21 Margaret Emery Elm Park Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top