Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Is 24 Myra S Barnes 1

Posted May 17, 2016
As a student of is24, this is no place for your child to be getting the education they need. Everything is horrible! Specifically the staff. No one is working with you. Everyone is working against you. Its like they don't want you to graduate. Everyday I face a new challenge that I will never overcome.And every day I don't take care of it, it just builds up more and more. the challenge may be stopping other kids from messing with me because I am different and unique, or putting up with the teachers that over work all the students. My point is...AVOID THIS SCHOOL.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted March 28, 2016
Principal, Assistant Principal and the Dean of IS 24 have made my child's transition to middle school a very good experience for my child and myself. Thank you!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 28, 2016
The teachers in this school are very effective, they know each child very well and are determined to teach every child to the best of their ability.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted March 28, 2016
I have no complaints at all about the amount of home work. I feel the amount is just right.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted March 28, 2016
I feel grit and determination comes from the child individually, but IS 24 definitely gives every opportunity for a child to learn team work and persistence.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted March 28, 2016
My child is respectful and he has been praised for his behavior; the school treats their children with respect and they value it in return.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted March 28, 2016
I see this in every action by the staff and in my interactions with them at every parent teacher meeting.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 28, 2016
The staff and leaders at IS 24 staff lead by example, I am very proud of the staff and students.

Is 24 Myra S Barnes 5

Posted March 28, 2016
School leadership is amazing and they do a great job. Nice to be in a school where the staff members (from top to bottom) care so much about my child. Love the after school program as well.

Is 24 Myra S Barnes 1

Posted February 11, 2016
I have a child in this school unfortunately because of zoning. My child has been bullied with no consequence to the bully. Violence is obviously permitted in this school. The principal is a rude horrid man,who in my opinion, should not be in charge of one child let alone hundreds. Hopefully does not have children of his own since he obviously doesn't care about the safety of children left in his care everyday. Hoping to have my child switched to another school.

225 Cleveland Avenue, Staten Island, NY  10308
Last modified Is 24 Myra S Barnes is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.