Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

As a student of is24, this is no place for your child to be getting the education they need. Everything is horrible! Specifically the staff. No one is working with you. Everyone is working against you. Its like they don't want you to graduate. Everyday I face a new challenge that I will never overcome.And every day I don't take care of it, it just builds up more and more. the challenge may be stopping other kids from messing with me because I am different and unique, or putting up with the teachers that over work all the students. My point is...AVOID THIS SCHOOL.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers in this school are very effective, they know each child very well and are determined to teach every child to the best of their ability.

Amount of homework: Agree

I have no complaints at all about the amount of home work. I feel the amount is just right.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The staff and leaders at IS 24 staff lead by example, I am very proud of the staff and students.

School leadership is amazing and they do a great job. Nice to be in a school where the staff members (from top to bottom) care so much about my child. Love the after school program as well.

I have a child in this school unfortunately because of zoning. My child has been bullied with no consequence to the bully. Violence is obviously permitted in this school. The principal is a rude horrid man,who in my opinion, should not be in charge of one child let alone hundreds. Hopefully does not have children of his own since he obviously doesn't care about the safety of children left in his care everyday. Hoping to have my child switched to another school.

I have a child in seventh grade . I have had only good experience s. With this school my son looks forward to going to school . I also have been to parent teacher conference and also have viewed my child during open school week.. the teachers have personally talked with me about my son and his progress. They answered all my guest ions and gave me positive feedback. All in all the teachers care and are teaching and really are doing a great job . In my honest opinion it is up to you the parent to send your child to school prepared so the teacher can do his job .and not have to spend unnecessary time with unpepared students mind you my chided is in an average class but he listens and shows respect to the teachers and he does seem to make principal s list because he try hard. It's a great school with a lot to offer i. It's what the student makes of it and that is what the parents need to understand.

I hate it. The classroom's are so boring. The teachers act like they would rather be any where else. If you try to get in touch with certain teachers they will give you a stupid explanation about why your grade was like that. Other teachers just won't answer. Others don't care about what parents think. The classes are constantly getting yelled at for behavior even though the teacher lets them act that way. My child is in a honors class and some of the teachers, and I quote, say "This is an SP class?" Others are ignoring students, and then rolling their eyes.

My son is going to this school in September and I hope he will adjust to the new school easily. I never heard anyone said bed things about this school and also today I went to see the school myself and everyone I encountered in the general office were very helpful and caring. I hope teachers in this school are as polite, helpful, knowledgeable, professional and caring as people that work in the office. I also hope all kids there are friendly. I am giving this school 5 stars because I want it to be so.

This is a wonderful school. What a difference from Catholic School. My son did so well he is going to Tech in the Fall. The teachers are accessible and attentive to student's needs. The Vice Principal is extremely hard working and keeps the parents informed. After school program is top notch. The best Middle School on Staten Island by far!

Last modified Is 24 Myra S Barnes is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.