Staten Island, NY
Students enrolled: 1,388

Posted January 25, 2015
I hate it. The classroom's are so boring. The teachers act like they would rather be any where else. If you try to get in touch with certain teachers they will give you a stupid explanation about why your grade was like that. Other teachers just won't answer. Others don't care about what parents think. The classes are constantly getting yelled at for behavior even though the teacher lets them act that way. My child is in a honors class and some of the teachers, and I quote, say "This is an SP class?" Others are ignoring students, and then rolling their eyes.

Posted June 19, 2014
My son is going to this school in September and I hope he will adjust to the new school easily. I never heard anyone said bed things about this school and also today I went to see the school myself and everyone I encountered in the general office were very helpful and caring. I hope teachers in this school are as polite, helpful, knowledgeable, professional and caring as people that work in the office. I also hope all kids there are friendly. I am giving this school 5 stars because I want it to be so.

Posted June 19, 2013
This is a wonderful school. What a difference from Catholic School. My son did so well he is going to Tech in the Fall. The teachers are accessible and attentive to student's needs. The Vice Principal is extremely hard working and keeps the parents informed. After school program is top notch. The best Middle School on Staten Island by far!

Posted April 05, 2012
This is a GREAT school with a friendly environment and [professional teachers. My daughter is happy there.

Is 24 Myra S Barnes 3

Posted December 13, 2011
I can't tell anything good or bad about this school, my child does not like, borring, some theacher very bad and don't like their job.

Is 24 Myra S Barnes 3

Posted December 08, 2011
I expected better academy plan from this school. Male Assistant principal is rude and helpless.

Posted September 27, 2011
What is being done about bullying? When an older boy can take money from a younger boy and get away with it, what is being taught? How to succeed in the workplace?

Posted June 29, 2011
From my experience with this school, I find that trying to communicate with your child's teacher presents a challenge. Phone calls do not get returned on a timely basis or none at all. I did find that most of my childs teachers and staff were uncaring and impatient.

Posted November 01, 2010
My son is doing so well academically and he really loves this school.

Posted October 31, 2010
I.S.24 gives us the feeling of normalcy

225 Cleveland Avenue, Staten Island, NY  10308
Last modified Is 24 Myra S Barnes is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Is 24 Myra S Barnes Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top