Bad
Good

My son attended for Kindergarten and 1st grade... The curriculum was pathetic and laughable at best, my son would be finished with his homework within the 3 minute drive to my home.Although he was often called upon to assist the teacher, he was under stimulated and often called disruptive because he would finish his work the moment it was placed before him and they didn't know how to keep him interested because he felt that work was no challenge whatsoever. He earned multiple awards each year. I can't completely fault his teachers because although he was advanced they had to cater to the performance level of the other students but as a result myson was frustrated... We now have him enrolled in P.S.16 where the workload is increased and the children are better stimulated to learn. I feel for the state of P.S.31 due to the types of parents who populate the area who don't share an active interest in their children's educations due to not properly valuing one for themselves to begin with and as a result raise children who dont value education much either...I hope things improve for Ms.Covington...She's a nice woman and I know being a principal isnt easy...

My son has been attending this school since kindergarten. He will now be going to the 2nd grade. My husband and I along with our son love this school. The staff members are great, very attentive and oh so caring. Security guard is on point. The children are welcomed in with a hug and smile by the Asstnt principal and the Principal is also always available. Thank you for such a Wonderful Job.

agree, terrible school, underqualified teachers. Kids are being taught to do less work "If you stay quiet you won't have to do any work" That's what my son was being told all alone the whole year.

I do not k now what student teacher that was and when they were there. It must have been over ten years ago. This is a great school environment for kids. There is still a lot of work to do but with the involvement of parents who want to make a difference it starts now. I am a part of the PTA and leadership team. Parents and the community make this school great. The teachers and the Principal and Assistant Principal make this school great. It Takes A Village To Raise A Child

Don't be fooled by the smiles!! I was a student teacher there and I saw the truth. The teachers scream at the kids all day. I saw one child dragged by his heals out of a classroom by the principal. The class I was in, the teacher would "corral" a student with tables and not let him sit for a half hour. Could not say anything for fear of reprisal. The school is run through fear and intimidation.

I am impressed by the overall performance of this school. I have to admit that I didn't get especially good feedback, even a neighbor was trying to convince to find another school for my son, but we are zoned to this school, so here we are 3 months later my son has never been happier in school. I have to say all is very integral in PS 31, the administration is friendly and professional, the principal is so involved and accessible, the teacher is great.

Hi I am a graduate from this wonderful school. The principal, Mrs. Covinton is outstanding. She can help you and your children thick and thin. The SAGE program was great. I was able to get more out of it than any other class I was in. If you have an upcoming child, come to this school, it's the best thing for you!!!

My daughter goes to this school and she is in the Sage program. I love this school and all it's teachers

The principal and staff at PS 31 really care about the children. The staff and parents at the school are friendly and make you feel welcome. They really stay in touch with the parents about their child's progress. They have high hopes for all the children and push for respect and academic success.

I love this school because I love it, I love the principal, the teachers and nice environment.

Last modified Ps 31 William T Davis is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.