Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 08, 2016
The teachers definitely have been teaching for a while and are experienced with dealing with kids that have different levels of learning. I think they know to help kids grow if they are more advanced and also help the kids who are weaker in certain subjects to become better in those areas.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 08, 2016
It's about 1 - 1/2 hours of homework which I believe is fair for my child's grade level.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 08, 2016
So far my child has had stern but caring teachers who expect a lot of the students and help them develop in areas where they have weaknesses.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted June 08, 2016
I think sometimes it depends on the teachers the child has. I recently had a situation where other kids were picking on my children and I told the teacher about it. She spoke to the kids to make them stop and so far the kids have not returned to their old ways.

Ps 32 The Gifford School 4

Posted June 08, 2016
The teachers and the administration truly care about the student and do everything for their power to create a supportive and safe environment for them. My child has been at this school for 3 years and loves his teachers and the administration. I think they have a very good curriculum and is always striving to improve the school.

Posted March 18, 2015
My daughter started kindgarten Sept 2014. She has an amazing one of kind teacher Mrs. Garnett and her Para Ms. Joanne. My daughter is doing extremely well. The administrative staff are pleasant and extremely helpful. I couldnt be happier with this school. As a child i attented this school with my sisters. Noelle Roman

Posted March 12, 2015
My daughter went to this school from Pre-K to 5th grade.This school made her who she truly is today. When she was in 5th grade she got in Petrides and unfortunately couldn't go because we moved to New Jersey after she finished 5th grade.I still talk to teachers, and my daughter is now a sophomore at Fordham University in a pre-law program. Not only that, but she also interns for Governer Andrew Cuomo.

Posted June 30, 2014
This is a wonderful school with teachers who care. My son has been in this school for two years now and this great that has really helped him grow. He's had one of the best, most caring teachers Mr. Q who has helped him improve his reading, writing and made him more confident. Never had a problem with the administrative staff either, they've always been helpful. I highly recommend this school.

Ps 32 The Gifford School 4

Posted September 26, 2013
PS 32 is a fantastic school. My daughter are in 4th and 2nd grades. Both of them are reading well above their grade level and enjoy reading and math. They look forward to going to school, not only to see their friends but for the over all experience they get while at school. They've loved every teacher they've gotten since kindergarten. I'm a happy mommy and would recommend this school to anyone looking for a wonderful overall experience. The only questionable issue I do have is why are there 3 assistant principals and 1 principal for a school of this size. I don't feel 4 people are needed to manage the overall well being of a school of this size. Doesn't seem right to me. And I've never seen that in any other grade school.

Posted September 11, 2013
My daughter just started kindergarten in this school and we are very happy that everything went great. Teachers are great, school nice and clean. Management is very professional.

32 Elverton Avenue, Staten Island, NY  10308
Last modified Ps 32 The Gifford School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.