Staten Island, NY

Posted March 18, 2015
My daughter started kindgarten Sept 2014. She has an amazing one of kind teacher Mrs. Garnett and her Para Ms. Joanne. My daughter is doing extremely well. The administrative staff are pleasant and extremely helpful. I couldnt be happier with this school. As a child i attented this school with my sisters. Noelle Roman

Posted March 12, 2015
My daughter went to this school from Pre-K to 5th grade.This school made her who she truly is today. When she was in 5th grade she got in Petrides and unfortunately couldn't go because we moved to New Jersey after she finished 5th grade.I still talk to teachers, and my daughter is now a sophomore at Fordham University in a pre-law program. Not only that, but she also interns for Governer Andrew Cuomo.

Posted June 30, 2014
This is a wonderful school with teachers who care. My son has been in this school for two years now and this great that has really helped him grow. He's had one of the best, most caring teachers Mr. Q who has helped him improve his reading, writing and made him more confident. Never had a problem with the administrative staff either, they've always been helpful. I highly recommend this school.

Ps 32 The Gifford School 4

Posted September 26, 2013
PS 32 is a fantastic school. My daughter are in 4th and 2nd grades. Both of them are reading well above their grade level and enjoy reading and math. They look forward to going to school, not only to see their friends but for the over all experience they get while at school. They've loved every teacher they've gotten since kindergarten. I'm a happy mommy and would recommend this school to anyone looking for a wonderful overall experience. The only questionable issue I do have is why are there 3 assistant principals and 1 principal for a school of this size. I don't feel 4 people are needed to manage the overall well being of a school of this size. Doesn't seem right to me. And I've never seen that in any other grade school.

Posted September 11, 2013
My daughter just started kindergarten in this school and we are very happy that everything went great. Teachers are great, school nice and clean. Management is very professional.

Posted September 10, 2013
My 5 year old just started kindergarten this week and so far so good. The teachers and staff seem very nice and I am truly looking foward to a great school year!!

Ps 32 The Gifford School 3

Posted February 07, 2013
My daughter went to catholic school for 5 years and this is the first year I put her in public school. I believe taking her out of catholic school was one of the best things I could have done. She is much happier. She has an amazing teacher this year, Mrs De Silva. she has never spoke about a teacher so much. I couldnt be more pleased.

Ps 32 The Gifford School 3

Posted November 18, 2012
Excellent teachers in this school. My children have been very fortunate and have had a great experience so far. Too bad the Administration isn't as wonderful as the teachers are. Any time I have dealt with them they are rude and dismissive. It's a shame because the principal is starting to bring the school down.

Posted June 30, 2012
What an excellent school! Both my children attended the school for the past 5 years. Mrs Beck is awesome! Such caring and competent staff. My children thrive in this wonderful school!

Ps 32 The Gifford School 4

Posted June 29, 2012
My children are doing great at PS 32. They have wonderful teachers that treat my children like their own. The Music dept is wonderful. It has given my daughter such confidence in all areas.

Ps 32 The Gifford School
32 Elverton Avenue, Staten Island, NY  10308
Last modified Ps 32 The Gifford School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 32 The Gifford School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top