Bad
Good

Third year in the school. I must say the school is very small which has its ups and downs. A positive way to look at it is you have the opportunity to become very involved and close with the school IF YOU WANT TO. Your child's teacher can encourage your leadership. If you and the teacher is not on the same page it is not the child's fault. (Open your eyes) I don't agree with everything but I can say I am happy with my child's level of education. And that's what it all falls down to.

Develops character: Agree

Overall, YES I do highly feel the school develops the necessay characters in the students.

I have to respond I the parent that said it's who you know in the school that gets you recognized. I'm sorry but I greatly disagree. My kids and I came into the school not knowing anyone but through my parental involvement and my kids working hard to be good and respectful students we became a part of a great community that feels like family. So get involved talk to the principal talk to the PTA at PTA meetings if your not happy but don't put down a great school if your not being proactive and doing something about it other than giving it 1 star and saying it's a bad school. I challenge you to find a public school in the area that's better.

I found P.S.35 to be very welcoming! The staff are excellent. The Principal knew my daughter's name by the second day of kindergarten! I am welcome to help out in the classroom anytime I'd like. The work is rigorous, but school goes out of it's way to support students that need help. My daughter love it. I feel like it's a private school that's free. BTW, I am an elementary school teacher myself, so I really know what I'm looking at. Go Bees!

Love how parents in here posted that this school is a closenit school. Yeah right it's who you know how you know them. If you are an outsider of this little click you are in big trouble and its fend for your own child. There should be no favoritism in this school but every year I see the same students getting acknowledged for the same awards and ect. What about the other 280 kids in the school. The principle always says she runs a tight ship news flash this is not a ship but a school. Open up your eyes people!

Great school for my kids, I do wish they had a better yard for the kids to enjoy. The teachers are wonderful and the PTA does a great job.

My son's school is nurturing and I feel the teachers are helping him with developing the skills he will need to succeed once he leaves this school. His teachers are involved and are always available if I have any questions or concerns. My son is happy going into school each morning which is all I can ask for. I wish there were more after school activities but besides that I'm very happy with his school.

A great small community school with a small student-teacher ratio. It has principal with an open door policy that is always available to hear any concerns you may have and answer any questions regarding your child's education. Very involved PTA adds to the feeling of a connection between the educators and parents. leads to the success of common goals.

This school has an amazing community of parents and teachers. Not all parents participate, but the ones that do take the time to know all the children and help them. The teachers welcome parent involvement and encourage visits to the class to read or help with projects and parties.

P.S.35 is a great school!! The staff cares about the children and also the parents. The ciriculum they teach is also wonderful the children will leave there with more knowledge then you'd expect. I highly recomend sending your children there!!

Last modified Ps 35 The Clove Valley School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.