Staten Island, NY

Posted January 13, 2014
I have to respond I the parent that said it's who you know in the school that gets you recognized. I'm sorry but I greatly disagree. My kids and I came into the school not knowing anyone but through my parental involvement and my kids working hard to be good and respectful students we became a part of a great community that feels like family. So get involved talk to the principal talk to the PTA at PTA meetings if your not happy but don't put down a great school if your not being proactive and doing something about it other than giving it 1 star and saying it's a bad school. I challenge you to find a public school in the area that's better.

Posted January 12, 2014
I found P.S.35 to be very welcoming! The staff are excellent. The Principal knew my daughter's name by the second day of kindergarten! I am welcome to help out in the classroom anytime I'd like. The work is rigorous, but school goes out of it's way to support students that need help. My daughter love it. I feel like it's a private school that's free. BTW, I am an elementary school teacher myself, so I really know what I'm looking at. Go Bees!

Ps 35 The Clove Valley School 1

Posted December 03, 2013
Love how parents in here posted that this school is a closenit school. Yeah right it's who you know how you know them. If you are an outsider of this little click you are in big trouble and its fend for your own child. There should be no favoritism in this school but every year I see the same students getting acknowledged for the same awards and ect. What about the other 280 kids in the school. The principle always says she runs a tight ship news flash this is not a ship but a school. Open up your eyes people!
3 people found this helpful

Posted October 24, 2013
Great school for my kids, I do wish they had a better yard for the kids to enjoy. The teachers are wonderful and the PTA does a great job.

Posted October 24, 2013
My son's school is nurturing and I feel the teachers are helping him with developing the skills he will need to succeed once he leaves this school. His teachers are involved and are always available if I have any questions or concerns. My son is happy going into school each morning which is all I can ask for. I wish there were more after school activities but besides that I'm very happy with his school.

Posted October 24, 2013
A great small community school with a small student-teacher ratio. It has principal with an open door policy that is always available to hear any concerns you may have and answer any questions regarding your child's education. Very involved PTA adds to the feeling of a connection between the educators and parents. leads to the success of common goals.

Posted October 09, 2013
This school has an amazing community of parents and teachers. Not all parents participate, but the ones that do take the time to know all the children and help them. The teachers welcome parent involvement and encourage visits to the class to read or help with projects and parties.

Posted September 16, 2013
P.S.35 is a great school!! The staff cares about the children and also the parents. The ciriculum they teach is also wonderful the children will leave there with more knowledge then you'd expect. I highly recomend sending your children there!!

Posted September 11, 2013
This is my child's first year attend P. S. 35. We've heard nothing but great things of this school and except to have a great learning experience for our child as well. Best wishes to all the studends and staff for a wonderful school year!!!

Posted September 11, 2013
I think the school is wonderful. The lessons engage the students while helping them to exel in the new common core standards. This year they have started grouping students. I think it can only help. The students that may be a bit above average will be with "like minds" and can all learn and be challenged as a group. While the children that tend be "middle of the road" will have the opportunity to be the "stand out" in their class and the children that struggle will have ample time to "get it" because they will be teaching to a whole class instead of having just a few minutes to explain. The parent base in the school is very strong and the PTA is very involved and always plans great events for both the students and their parents. As far as improvement, more enrichment programs need to be put in place.

Ps 35 The Clove Valley School
60 Foote Avenue, Staten Island, NY  10301
Last modified Ps 35 The Clove Valley School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 35 The Clove Valley School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top