Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted June 15, 2016
Third year in the school. I must say the school is very small which has its ups and downs. A positive way to look at it is you have the opportunity to become very involved and close with the school IF YOU WANT TO. Your child's teacher can encourage your leadership. If you and the teacher is not on the same page it is not the child's fault. (Open your eyes) I don't agree with everything but I can say I am happy with my child's level of education. And that's what it all falls down to.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 15, 2016
The Teachers put in a lot of effort in your child. They become an extended family.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted June 15, 2016
Overall, YES I do highly feel the school develops the necessay characters in the students.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 04, 2016
Mrs. Reilly and Ms. Silveri reach out to parents regularly with important information (and reassuring photos!) via text. They come to every PTA meeting! They take time to share a child's small classroom triumph with parents — as well as giving them concrete ideas to help kids hone skills that need improvement. We are so grateful to have them in our school!

Posted January 13, 2014
I have to respond I the parent that said it's who you know in the school that gets you recognized. I'm sorry but I greatly disagree. My kids and I came into the school not knowing anyone but through my parental involvement and my kids working hard to be good and respectful students we became a part of a great community that feels like family. So get involved talk to the principal talk to the PTA at PTA meetings if your not happy but don't put down a great school if your not being proactive and doing something about it other than giving it 1 star and saying it's a bad school. I challenge you to find a public school in the area that's better.

Posted January 12, 2014
I found P.S.35 to be very welcoming! The staff are excellent. The Principal knew my daughter's name by the second day of kindergarten! I am welcome to help out in the classroom anytime I'd like. The work is rigorous, but school goes out of it's way to support students that need help. My daughter love it. I feel like it's a private school that's free. BTW, I am an elementary school teacher myself, so I really know what I'm looking at. Go Bees!

Ps 35 The Clove Valley School 1

Posted December 03, 2013
Love how parents in here posted that this school is a closenit school. Yeah right it's who you know how you know them. If you are an outsider of this little click you are in big trouble and its fend for your own child. There should be no favoritism in this school but every year I see the same students getting acknowledged for the same awards and ect. What about the other 280 kids in the school. The principle always says she runs a tight ship news flash this is not a ship but a school. Open up your eyes people!

Ps 35 The Clove Valley School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
Great school for my kids, I do wish they had a better yard for the kids to enjoy. The teachers are wonderful and the PTA does a great job.

Posted October 24, 2013
My son's school is nurturing and I feel the teachers are helping him with developing the skills he will need to succeed once he leaves this school. His teachers are involved and are always available if I have any questions or concerns. My son is happy going into school each morning which is all I can ask for. I wish there were more after school activities but besides that I'm very happy with his school.

Ps 35 The Clove Valley School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
A great small community school with a small student-teacher ratio. It has principal with an open door policy that is always available to hear any concerns you may have and answer any questions regarding your child's education. Very involved PTA adds to the feeling of a connection between the educators and parents. leads to the success of common goals.

60 Foote Avenue, Staten Island, NY  10301
Last modified Ps 35 The Clove Valley School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.