Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted November 03, 2015
My son graduated from this school with raving grades. I was very happy with the education that he received here. Now my daughter started attending a wonderful dual language program here, and we are very excited that PS 41 offers this great program. The PTA is very hands on, and the new principal seems to enjoy her role in making the school a great environment.

Posted February 25, 2015
Wonderful school and staff very pleased always pleased with this school children are very happy here

Posted April 28, 2014
Ps 41 is a good school. Both my children attend and they never had any problems. Even when I moved I kept them their because I think it's a great school. My kids always happy . They have great after school program also which they attend. And the family fun nights for the kids and parents are great too. Even the assignment help for kids I attended to learn more about very helpful to me too to know what is going on .

Posted April 27, 2014
PS 41 is the worst school a child can go to. Parents please run yourself out if this school and send your child to PS 50 or even better PS53

Posted April 06, 2014
My son loves his teachers! It helps he is very sociable and easily interacts with everybody. I haven't had any personal interactions with the principal, though she seems like a tough lady. But how else can you be if you run a school?? Parentes seem not very friendly though. Oh well, can't have everything, right?

Posted September 24, 2013
After being displaced for over 10 months due to Hurricane Sandy my kids and I are so happy to be back at PS 41. We are so grateful to the principal, parent coordinator, teachers & the PTA who were all so wonderful and gave us the support we needed. After having to place my children in another public school and seeing the difference in education we prayed to come back home & back to PS 41. I know many parents don't always agree with our principal but let me tell you she gets things done and runs a tight ship and I feel confident in saying my children will be prepared once they leave to middle school. And trust me when I say as a parent who has seen the other side of the system I wouldn't want my kids anywhere else!

Posted August 08, 2013
This school claims to be a Bully free Zone School . That is a load of you know what ! My child was bullied & harassed by other 3 other students on a daily bases it made my kid not able to concentrate on the work , grades dropping ect . When going to the principle to help in this matter she pretended to care when all it is was ,is a decoy to get you off her back . Like that saying goes "here no evil ,see no evil " .. The teachers however are only in it for the paycheck .and fear the principle . It is very sad what this school has become . Almost like a dictatorship . Sad ! very sad !! what is even more sad is they reward the bully by putting them in an honor class instead of taking more sufficient measures of the proper discipline . It has become a case no justice . If I were you I would seriously consider either private or another public school ! Don't send them to 41!

Posted July 24, 2013
Both of my kids attending this school. See lots of parents complain about the principal. I think she is not a parent - friendly person. However, I see lots of things done for the school, and it all that matters to me. Honors class is MORE then great. Dual program is fantastic. Teachers are demanding and it works for me. I like a load of homework. We are so happy with the school. My older daughter is going to 2nd honor class. Little one is going to kindergarten dual program. Cannot be happier.

Posted August 24, 2012
The staff and students at PS41are wonderful. The PROBLEM with this school is the principal. She is the ultimate BULLY. The teachers are very unhappy there strictly because of her. Look at the NYC DOE School Environment Learning Survey. Year after year, this principal gets the worst, if not one of the worst, ratings from the teachers. Yet, nothing is done about it. In the meantime, teachers inform each other on a daily basis of where the principal is each period if they know and they do this out of fear she may pop in and belittle them. She cares nothing about staff or students, just herself. The assistant principal simply parrots whatever is commanded of her, with no regard for staff or students either. Try to avoid sending your students to this school. You need a school where the principal truly cares. This one does not. She just cares about herself and becoming a media hound with bogus events like the "We are going to college" stunt she pulled last year. If you are a teacher looking for a position, this is the LAST school you would want to get a job at. Again, look at the NYC DOE School Learning Environment Survey. It says it all.

Posted June 03, 2012
Both of my sons attended PS 41, my oldest graduated in 2009. My younger one would've loved to stay, unfortunately we moved to PA in 1/10. My sons & I loved the school, I can't say enough positive things about the school, the faculty & even the PAL program. As a single working mom I couldn't participate as much as I wanted, but the opportunity for involvment was always there. My older son transferred in February of 2nd grade, after I left my abusive husband. He struggled with many issues from the seperation and starting a new school mid year. Thankfully the teachers supported him & helped him adjust, when he graduated he was doing great & entered IS 2 honors program. My younger son also dealt with the divorce, plus he struggles with severe anxiety & ADHD. His teachers & I worked together with him; thanks to all the collaborative hard work, he became an ideal student and remains that way. He's being awarded at graduation, for maintaining honor roll status all year. Thanks to PS 41s strong educational foundation my son is graduating 8th grade having been on the honor roll every term of middle school. Additionally my sons are still ahead of all their classmates in honor programs.

Ps 41 New Dorp
216 Clawson Street, Staten Island, NY  10306
Last modified Ps 41 New Dorp is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 41 New Dorp Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top