Bad
Good

Definitely one of the best public elementary schools on the island. I have 2 kids there this year and another starting next year. Lots of school spirit days and the principal is awesome. Before Common Core, I'd have given the school 5 stars, but because there is no outspoken anti-Common Core administration I can only give it 4 stars. Once they start to speak out against the horrible CCSS, it will be 5 stars again!

My child left P.S 42 last yea. She had the worst teacher ever and when I told the Principles there was no help at all. They looked at me like I was crazy.

Love this school, both of my kids went to PS 42 They love the principal. Good quality teachers.

One of the best, if not the best school on the island. The principal runs a tight ship. Always involved in everything and if you have any problems the staff and teachers are all hands on

This school is absolutely the best! Best envirement, best teachers, BEST PRINCIPAL!! I have 3 children,my oldest did not go to P.S.42,therefore I have some experience with other schools.My middle child graduated in June,with tears in his eyes on the last day of school.He went on to middle school ( I.S. 75) with Honors and Thanks to the wonderful teachers at P.S.42,he was well prepared.My youngest is now in 2nd grade,he struggles a bit in school,but has come such a long way,since kindergarten,once again,all my thanks to his wonderful teachers at PS 42...some may say this school is not their "cup of tea" for their own personal reasons,but I say," If you don't like it,change it." In closing,I will tell you "PS 42 IS ONE OF THE FINEST SCHOOLS IN STATEN ISLAND AND IT WILL BE A BITTER SWEET DAY,WHEN IT IS TIME FOR MY YOUNGEST TO MOVE ON TO MIDDLE SCHOOL."

This is my sons first year he is Kindergarten and he absolutely loves this school, teachers, lunch room ladies and everything that is apart of it. He has learned how to read :) and we couldnt have been happier with our choice of school. Everyone at PS 42 is amazing and are always happy to help with any concerns. Thank you to PS 42 for making his school experience so wonderful !

I love P.S. 42 because all of the teachers are so nice and they really care about the kids. They make P.S. 42 a fun place to learn and my children look forward to going to school each day because they love their teachers!

The principal and staff treat my children like there own

Is a safe place with staff that really care about our kids education.

Awesome principal and teachers....great school

Last modified Ps 42 Eltingville is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.