Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework was enjoyable and just enough everyday. My child never had a problem completing it.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school lied to my face about reopening up my child's IEP to add 'more services', and secretly did classrooms observations without my knowledge, showed them the day of the meeting and then used them to request to transfer my child out of the school while they smiled in my face for weeks saying nothing.

This school has great teachers who are dedicated to the students. My children loved the teachers. The cafeteria teachers, the assistants, and the principle are all helpful, and caring. The PTA is active. Lots of programs are offered for the children and activities through out the year. The school spirit is felt here. Very nice school.

My oldest son graduated from PS 45 (and remembers it fondly) and my youngest son is in 4th grade. The education at PS 45 is top notch. The teachers are excellent and under the direction of Mrs. Chavez are encouraged to challenge the students with elements from Common Core way before it was a standard. The enrichment programs at PS 45 are excellent. There are art residencies that are different for every grade level, music programs, a swim program for second graders, and a reading program for higher level readers; all of which are just a few of the great enrichment programs offered at PS 45. Mrs. Chavez and rest of the staff are easily accessible to parents. My son absolutely enjoys going to school! He feels challenged and enjoys all of the enrichment programs he is involved in. I believe the education offered at PS 45 is well-balanced.

I have 3 children at PS45 and am beyond thrilled with the education they are receiving. The "D" rating the school recently received was not justified as all of the data reflects student performance has greatly improved over the years even with the new,vigorous state tests. Common Core requirements were being implemented over the past four years with a tremendous amount of work on the part of Mrs Chavez and her amazing staff, long before anyone knew what Common Core was. The teachers are extremely committed with many coming in early and staying late. The children are happy to go to school. Mrs. Chavez is readily available to discuss any issues and welcomes suggestions to enhance the school. The school offers many opportunities for parent involvement. My children are receiving a wonderful education!

I just read the review about being so happy with PS 65. My child was at the school of innovation. However only after a short few weeks I realized there was absolutely no innovation. There are no extras for the students at all. It is a nice small school but no innovation, no gym and administration very hard to talk to. At PS 45, the enrichment programs go above and beyond. The teachers are superior and the principal and aps are very assessible. I do agree there should be a more aggressive address check but we cannot all be lottery schools. Having music, violin, band, arts, architecture, snacktivities , swim, chess all in the school day makes this an A+ school. Just lacking parent involvement but so was 65. My children love PS 45 and are receiving a fantastic and well rounded school experience.

Reviews are questionable. Look at the Test Scores. The majority of the students do not live in the district because the schools in their district are below standard. Apparently address verification does not take place at PS 45. There are a few very good teachers. Removed my child and he now attends the awesome PS 65 which is a lottery school. I was very lucky to have my child chosen.

This school has made an incredible turn around in only a few short years. The children are safe, active and challenged by the staff to work hard. I have been extremely happy with the education my children have received. I have one child who just graduated and was accepted into a wonderful middle school thanks to ps 45. I still have two children in the school and can't say enough about how wonderful the school is. I find the parents with the complaints are the ones who never attend a PTA meeting or get involved. I am a working parent but stay involved and as a result know what the school is doing and planning. I am so happy to have this school in the neighborhood.

I love PS 45 the curriculum and the enrichment programs are fantastic. They have an amazing music teacher for runs the marching band, choir, And violin. In today's day arts are being cut from Public schools but not at PS 45. There some Staff and teachers that need to go but overall the Pros outweigh the cons. There are some teachers and And staff that need to go but overall the new principal Mrs. Chavez is going an amazing job. Keep up the good Work!

P.S. 45 JOHN TYLER ,is a great school.My grandson is now in the third grade and my granddaughter just started kindergarten.I am so impressed at the teachers in this school,my grandson is well above grade level in both reading and math because the teachers really care,and im sure my granddaughter will also be getting the quality of teaching.

Last modified Ps 45 John Tyler is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.