Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 19, 2016
Thank you to Ms. Jodie for doing your best as a new para with my child. Thank you to Ms. DeEsposito for being understanding and compassionate.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 19, 2016
Homework was enjoyable and just enough everyday. My child never had a problem completing it.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted July 19, 2016
They did not earn my child's respect in the 6 weeks she was there. The para was great, and she was developing a bond with my daughter. The school teacher was great and patient with my child. But the staff needs to let them do their job.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted July 19, 2016
They treated my child fairly in the classroom. However behind the scenes backstabbing her records.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 19, 2016
This school lied to my face about reopening up my child's IEP to add 'more services', and secretly did classrooms observations without my knowledge, showed them the day of the meeting and then used them to request to transfer my child out of the school while they smiled in my face for weeks saying nothing.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 19, 2016
I would like to thank my daughter's third grade teacher Mrs.Morales for being so warm and caring which my daughter needs in order to want to go to school. I believe she does her best to individualize the curriculum to suit each child's temperament and learning style- no mean feat in a class of thirty kids. We have been very lucky to be a part of 3-205 this year.

Ps 45 John Tyler 4

Posted August 04, 2014
This school has great teachers who are dedicated to the students. My children loved the teachers. The cafeteria teachers, the assistants, and the principle are all helpful, and caring. The PTA is active. Lots of programs are offered for the children and activities through out the year. The school spirit is felt here. Very nice school.

Posted November 24, 2013
My oldest son graduated from PS 45 (and remembers it fondly) and my youngest son is in 4th grade. The education at PS 45 is top notch. The teachers are excellent and under the direction of Mrs. Chavez are encouraged to challenge the students with elements from Common Core way before it was a standard. The enrichment programs at PS 45 are excellent. There are art residencies that are different for every grade level, music programs, a swim program for second graders, and a reading program for higher level readers; all of which are just a few of the great enrichment programs offered at PS 45. Mrs. Chavez and rest of the staff are easily accessible to parents. My son absolutely enjoys going to school! He feels challenged and enjoys all of the enrichment programs he is involved in. I believe the education offered at PS 45 is well-balanced.

Posted November 23, 2013
I have 3 children at PS45 and am beyond thrilled with the education they are receiving. The "D" rating the school recently received was not justified as all of the data reflects student performance has greatly improved over the years even with the new,vigorous state tests. Common Core requirements were being implemented over the past four years with a tremendous amount of work on the part of Mrs Chavez and her amazing staff, long before anyone knew what Common Core was. The teachers are extremely committed with many coming in early and staying late. The children are happy to go to school. Mrs. Chavez is readily available to discuss any issues and welcomes suggestions to enhance the school. The school offers many opportunities for parent involvement. My children are receiving a wonderful education!

Posted November 23, 2013
I just read the review about being so happy with PS 65. My child was at the school of innovation. However only after a short few weeks I realized there was absolutely no innovation. There are no extras for the students at all. It is a nice small school but no innovation, no gym and administration very hard to talk to. At PS 45, the enrichment programs go above and beyond. The teachers are superior and the principal and aps are very assessible. I do agree there should be a more aggressive address check but we cannot all be lottery schools. Having music, violin, band, arts, architecture, snacktivities , swim, chess all in the school day makes this an A+ school. Just lacking parent involvement but so was 65. My children love PS 45 and are receiving a fantastic and well rounded school experience.

58 Lawrence Avenue, Staten Island, NY  10310
Last modified Ps 45 John Tyler is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.