Staten Island, NY

Posted September 08, 2014
In my opinion the principal lacks leadership skills needed to address bullying I believe this principal is more interested in her cushy 6 figure salary than the emotional well being of children in her care. Administration is friends with parents on Facebook. If you have a disagreement with another parent, do you want the other parent friends with the assistant principal on Facebook.? After informing a popular mother I would not tolerate bullying my child was forced to endure cruel social isolation! This mother had the skills needed to fracture my child's other friendships and turn her into a social outcast. EVIL. teachers, parents, children participated in it. I fully believe it was condoned by the principal. She doesn't want to be responsible for complaints of bullying should your child suffer an adverse outcome. Her goal : to intimidate you into staying quiet. If you complain, beware, you'll be punished !! your child won't be chosen for the class play, won't be invited to parties, will be told to "go away" . I now understand why parents believe " don't complain, it will make it worse. " Protect your child. Get audiovisual evidence,submit it to the chancellor . So Sad .
4 people found this helpful

Posted May 16, 2014
P.S.48 is an excellent school that has teachers who really push and care about the children. Great teachers my son loves his school

Posted May 16, 2014
PS 48 is an amazing school. My daughter has been attending it from Pre-K thru 5th grade. The principal Mrs. Mammolito is highly experienced and approachable. Teachers encourage children to work hard, and challenge them according to their abilities. This school enables kids to perform their best in academics. PS 48 has many programs that inspire kids to express themselves. Guggenheim museum art program, school band, theater, circus, ballroom dancing and girls heritage program Her-Story. There are a lot of extracurricular activities available at school. Newspaper, fencing, basketball, ballet, Zumba, you name it. In 2013, his year, PS 48 has become a PreK-8th grade school. It has been expanded and moved to a brand new state of the art building. The new school has an auditorium, library, laboratory, art and music classrooms and many other facilities that enhance the learning experience for our children. Overall, I give it a five stars out of five, because I could not have asked for more from an elementary school.

Posted May 15, 2014
my school is fantastic..the teachers and staff are wonderful. my son loves going to school and has learned so much.. beautiful new school..

Posted May 14, 2014
Fact: You can always build a bigger school somewhere else. Fact: The same curriculum is being taught all over the city. So, ask the majority of parents at PS48 and they'll all agree on one thing: it's the amazing principal, administration and teachers that make it such a great school. And for those who feel it's overcrowded; the problem is not that a class has some 30 kids! As long as rules are clearly set and followed, and the teacher knows how to handle the kids, then you can rest assured that they're all learning & having fun too!

Posted November 06, 2013
My kids have only been in the school for a few weeks but I am pleasantly surprised by what a wonderful school we have found! It really is a diamond in a sea of blah on Staten Island. I have high hopes for my children in this school. I am still getting to know the staff and teachers but the parent coordinator is just wonderful and was one of my first points of contact at the school. She is always available for questions and is so involved. So far so good!! Can wait to see what comes next!!

Posted November 01, 2013
The worst school ,If you really looking to have NYC ACS at 12:30am to your House, reported from Kristina being late 12minutes to pick up your child,than you should keep your children to this school,.

Posted November 01, 2013
Christina is overpowered by Mamalito who has been there for to long and feels is her school.The only person that's worthy being in out children's education center is the parent coordinator Terry.

Posted May 29, 2013
I must admit my son was extremely nervous to start kindergarden but after the first two days the teacher made him feel very comfortable and now he doesnt want to miss a day. The teachers make everything fun. While they are playing they also are learning. He reads and writes on his own. Very proud of Ps48

Posted December 21, 2012
I am very happy with the school but the school is too crowded. There seem to be kids who are not zoned for the school, but I have no clue how they ve been admitted there. There has to be some kind of verification that DOE can do. They should not let these things happen. A lot of favors go on. My son s class is crowded 30+ kids and I can bet most of them aren t zoned for the school. No other problems that I could see with the school. Teachers are great.

Ps 48 William C Wilcox
1050 Targee Street, Staten Island, NY  10304
Last modified Ps 48 William C Wilcox is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 48 William C Wilcox Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top