Ps 50 Frank Hankinson 1

Posted October 28, 2012
I had 3 children go through this school. 2 did okay, because they were excellent students with no issues. My third child did not fair well. If your child requires extra attention, this is not the school for you. If your child requires "down time", eg-recess, or break times, this is not the school for you. The teachers try their best, but they do not receive adequate support from the administration. The principal and her assistant principal, are more than happy to make suggestions to parents, but are not willing to back them up at CSE meetings. The school psychologist and guidance counselor a are a joke!

Ps 50 Frank Hankinson 3

Posted September 21, 2012
If you value recess, then P.S 50 is not for you. Your child might be the lucky one, if his/her class is given a pitiful 15 minutes of recess once a week. The administration claims this is due to being understaffed, and they do not have money in the budget to hire someone to watch your child. Your child will just have to deal with the pent up energy, and try not to let the restlessness affect their concentration in class. It seems the admin. is more concerned about their union contracts rather then what is best for you child. My child is in the 1st grade G&T class this year. There is a much greater emphasis on reading/writing in this school. Math & Science assignments are NOT challenging at all. During the G&T open house the kids showcased thier violin skills. Then violin lessons were cut from the budget. There is not much difference, between G&T and the regular curriculum If you do decide to send your child to this school, at least get involved with the PTA (seems to be the only avenue) inorder to fight for improvements, otherwise settle for an average education. Good Luck to you!

Posted May 30, 2012
I have 2 daughters in the G&T program at PS 50 and I am very happy with the education that they have received so far. Both of my daughter's teachers have been excellent educators and truly care about their students' academic achievements, as well as their overall well-being. Whenever I need to address an issue/concern with either teacher, I find that they are very responsive and am satisfied with their response. My only wish is that they bring back their drama program.

Posted November 28, 2011
I thought this school was great i did very well. I loved this school and i hope my sister does too. but some teachers and the principal isn't that perfect but other than that awesome!!! :-)

Posted August 09, 2011
This school is fabulous! My child was in the first grade G & T class and received a wonderful education. The class was large, but was taught by a wonderful, caring teacher. I was amazed by the rigorous instruction and how much my child learned this year. I'm thrilled my child attends this school and I'm so grateful to have had such a wonderful, dedicated teacher this year.

Posted October 22, 2010
Ps 50 is an exellent school with great teachers and supportive parents . I believe my child is recieving good education and preparation for middle school. The G and T program is very good.

Posted October 21, 2010
This school has G & T program, a lot of after-school programs. Teachers and all workers are great.

Ps 50 Frank Hankinson 1

Posted October 20, 2010
This school lacks professionals. The principal of the school is so unapproachable. I spoke with her on the phone and she was so unprofessional. She was talking to me like I was a child. She was more like the wicked step mother personality. She has to remember YES she deals with children all day but when speaking to adults she needs to be a little bit more professional. Where did she obtain her degree? When you call into the front office its even worse. It's like no one has been in a professional environment. They practially rush you off the phone and sound really annoyed at any question you ask. This school has awful teachers. need to call District 31 and check out PS50's TRUE report card. Unfortunately when it comes to public school you really don't have a choice. But if they change the administartion it might get better.

Posted May 18, 2010
This school is dedicated to helping the students learn and offers rigorous instruction, along with a dedication to the arts! Of course the dedicated, friendly staff is a plus!

Posted May 14, 2010
My two kids are in P.S. 50 now. The school and teachers offer different kinds of opporutunities for kids to learn new thing. Such as poetry show, drama, music, reading... Also, each kids has chance to go to stage to show their talent. I think this is increased kids confidence. In addition, teachers in there are very responsibIe. They contact me regarding my kids behavior and discuss with me how to solve the problem together. I am glad that my kids are students of P.S. 50.

Ps 50 Frank Hankinson
200 Adelaide Ave, Staten Island, NY  10306
Last modified Ps 50 Frank Hankinson is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 50 Frank Hankinson Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top