Bad
Good

Posted April 26, 2015
Nothing bad to say about this school, they are all about the children, they have a great music/band program.

Posted September 08, 2014
Excellent school! Feels like a family! All of the staff are very warm and friendly. As a parent I feel very welcome when I come into the school.. It makes communicating very easy. I have 2 children in this school. They are so happy here. It seems like the staff really takes the time to get to know the children's names and the children feel at home and look forward to going to school! The Principle is amazing. She really sets the tone of the school. You can tell that the teachers are very happy here and it trickles down to the students. Wonderful atmosphere, wonderful school!!!

Ps 53 Bay Terrace 4

Posted April 17, 2014
I really like the school. Everyone is caring and nice and always lets you know when there is an issue with your child. I agree that they should have more gym classes during the week and actually do sports with them so that they are not overwhelmed when they get to junior high.

Posted March 25, 2014
My son goes to ps53 .i think the school its great ,teachers are great ,I think they should add more sport activities. for the kids and more gym classes weekly

Posted September 24, 2013
I love my sons new teacher. Her name is Ms. Watt in Pre-K. As a newcomer to this school, I am very satisfied with the communication, cleanliness, curriculum and activities held with the PTA. My son is very comfortable in her classroom and enjoys coming to school which is most important!

Posted November 09, 2012
I couldn't be happier with this school. I feel like they are an extended family because the school environment is so caring and nurturing. The principal, Ms. Esposito and Vice Principal Mr. Reformato are truly amazing people. They are always around, whether I am dropping my daughter off in the morning or picking her up from Latchkey. Their incredible leadership extends to all the staff I have come in contact with. I consider myself truly lucky to have P.S. 53 be my kids' zoned school.

Posted November 08, 2010
My daughter went there and it is a very good school. The teachers are really great there and are interested in the kids doing well.

Posted October 27, 2010

Posted October 23, 2010
There are quality teachers working in this school who care about their students and helping them to succeed. The faculty and staff make parents welcome and encourage parents to be an integral part of their child's experience at P.S. 53

Posted October 23, 2010
I love PS 53 because not only is it considered one of the best elementary schools on SI but it is a warm and nurturing school as well. They care about their students. The office staff wonderful and easy to talk to. They have an amazing parent coordinator who is approachable, kind and caring. She goes out of her way to make each event at PS 53 spectacular. I am a graduate of PS 53 and I am so grateful my children have the privilege of graduating from their as well.

330 Durant Avenue, Staten Island, NY  10308
Last modified Ps 53 Bay Terrace is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.