Staten Island, NY

Posted August 01, 2013
In September I will have 3 children in PS 55, 4th, 2nd and kindergarten. I am looking forward to a great year. With all the cut backs from our City. Ps 55 still offers a wonderful learning environment.

Ps 55 Henry M Boehm 2

Posted March 17, 2013
I have two children in PS 55. One in 5th Grade and one in Kindergarden. I can not wait till my 5th Grader graduates from this school. I have had nothing but problems with the teachers. Each year, the teachers tell me my child is at risk of being held back due to the "predictive state exam". Each year, my childs scores are some of the highest in the state. How can you base your decision of holding a child back on a Predictive Exam and not based on the actual classwork, testing and homework? Grades were changed on report cards (with white out) to coinside with the predictive exam and parents complained. News Reporters came to the school and the school is under investigation at this point. Based on the state grade for this school, PS 55 has a C average. How this school got a 9 out of 10 on this web site is beyond me....

Posted August 15, 2012
My daughter is starting the 3rd grade and has been attending PS 55 since Kindergarten. 2nd grade has been the best for her thus far and I have to thank Mrs. Trabulsy for that. She is a magnificent teacher. She genuinely cares for her students. I remember the last day of school she was the only one who didn't have a smile on her face because she was going to miss "her kids". I have only heard great things from the students regarding her and from my daughter. She has taught my daughter to believe in herself. To believe she could accomplish anything. I saw my daughter grow so much during the 2nd grade and I have to give thanks to Mrs. Trabulsy because she played a huge role in that. She has given her something she will be able to use through the rest of her years in school and that is confidence.

Ps 55 Henry M Boehm 3

Posted October 02, 2011
I moved to this neighborhood 3 years ago and my Children are 4 and soon to be 3 years old. I hear many great things about P.S. 55 and many people have told me that it is such a great school. I am hoping my children will be able to attend this school when they of age. My daughter currently is attending Community Resources on Richmond Road it is a wonderful school that is helping her with specfic needs regarding a speech delay. She currently is doing excellent always smiling singing and dancing. That school has helped her so much to date. I am wondering what sort of programs P.S. 55 has for children with a speech delay and issues with socializing with other children. I just want to be prepared for the next few months leading up to her beginning Kindergarten.

Posted September 25, 2011
My child was in Mrs. Trabulusy's class and she is a wonderful teacher, who should get a reward for best teacher in New York City if there is one.Any parent who has the pleasure of having their child in her class would vote for her and knows that she is a GEM of a teacher. I say this because she really puts 100% into teaching her class and caring about each and every child in her class .She works really hard and goes the extra mile and it shows in the work my child learned. My son loved going to school every day and thats only because she made him feel this way , she made learning fun for him . She prepared my son for the next grade he learned a lot in that one year in her class. She is a example of what A TEACHER SHOULD BE. She always looked for the best in her class of students by helping them go forward and try harder and belive that they could do what ever they set their minds to.She basically gave them all the key to unlock endless ability to learn more and more and enjoy school . I'm so lucky my son was in her class I only wish he was still in her class this year. For any parent that has a child in her class is so blessed.Mrs Trabulusy thank you

Posted October 14, 2010
i feel that the school and the teachers there provide excellent care and safety for the students and teach the kids with both a challanging and fun approach-the teachers are well motivated and do a fantastic job relating to the children.

Posted October 13, 2010
The school has a wonderful faculty and teaching staff. We have 3 children currently attending school there. All children are benefitting from the knowledge of the teachers and the hard dedicated work of the staff.

Posted May 14, 2010
This is a great school! There is a very active PTA and a new principal who is seen everywhere, even helping the children at drop off in the morning and reading to the little ones in the afternoon.

Posted June 10, 2009
This is my sons first year at P.S. 55. I have had a great experience so far. They are always trying to do special activities to involve the parents in. He has a wonderfull teacher Mrs. Delise who my son loves! She is really great with all of the kids and I only hope he will have a teacher like her next year. I'm so glad he is in a great school.

Ps 55 Henry M Boehm 5

Posted December 16, 2008

Ps 55 Henry M Boehm
54 Osborne Street, Staten Island, NY  10312
Last modified Ps 55 Henry M Boehm is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 55 Henry M Boehm Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top