Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I moved my daughter from another school to PS60. We were worry at the beginning not knowing what to expect. But we were very happy right away with the switch. My daughter loves all of her teachers. The school administration is great. It is very organized and is always planning activities for the kids as well as workshops for parents to get them more involved.

After transferring my son out of his last horrible school I had my doubts about 60. From the main office to the security guard to the staff who gets the children off the bus in the morning , everyone is friendly and extremely helpful. I'm so happy and so is my son .

My daughter is graduating this year , we have nothing but good things to say about this school, from the teachers, staff, students,parents and the awesome PTA, , it's been nothing but great memories. my daughter has gotten a wonderful education, we will miss PS 60, but we have both made friends that we will stay friends with in middle school, my daughter is well equipped for the next phase of her journey, thanks to everyone at PS 60

My daughter is a first grade student at PS 60. I must say that I'm not happy with her teacher, who is mean and very strict. She uses outdated methods for discipline and yells at the kids for any reason. They have no class trips and don't go outside for recess. There are also no class parties of any kind. Moreover, I feel that sometimes the kids are being pushed too hard in order to conform to the crazy standards. My other complaint is that one of the assistant principals, Mrs R. is not helpful when approached with a question or a problem, and she is plainly rude. I like the principal, but the truth is she can't make up for all the bad teachers (there is quite few a heard) in this school. I'm giving this school 3 stars only because my daughter learned to read and write quite well, but on the other hand, I had to help her a lot with home works and preparation for all the tests they are administering so it's partially my accomplishment.

Extremely hardworking teachers,staff and principal .All my kids r doing extremely well both in studies and in extra curricular activities.

Wonderful school!!! great teachers, caring staff, a+ asst. Principals, and a principal that doesnt stop!! the pta is the ultimate!!! *congrat's to all of the 5th graders*

My son loves PS 60 - the teachers, the school and he is doing great in school!

Our school is so great! Teachers are there to teach - kids are there to learn - PS60 is always trying to make improvements to our school for our children! Not to mention all the nice fun things that make the kids want to go to school...WE ROCK! :)

i think it is a very good school. that puts the students first

I have 3 daughters in the school and i have no complaints. The teachers are great, and all the staff as well..Especially the PTA, They welcome parents in many activities Thanks Great JOB!!!

Last modified Ps 60 Alice Austen is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.