Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My child complained numerously that teachers do not pay attention to bullying

Amount of homework: Disagree

Homework is a key to success. It's the way to dig deeper into the studied topic and review unclear issues. This school is arguing against homework.

My child is new to this school. On many occasions my requests to get some info from my child's personal file were denied referring to the school policy. I requested a written copy of such policy and was told that it doesn't exist. Now I'm determined to obtain one from the principal and if still get a negative response, will file a complaint with the department of education. This is ridiculous. I was told that I need to get a court order to obtain my son's personal info.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school does not inform parents when there are bullying issues among kids. Which leads to bigger problems.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

This will depend on the individual teacher and each child's experience with that teacher. Last few years a number of experienced teachers left the school. Mrs. Ritzer was one of the best but also left the school as of last year I believe.

There was no senior trip for the class of 2016. The school handed out a flier about the senior trip but later canceled it without a valid explanation. The kids were sooo disappointed. Kids at lower grads will enjoy the fun and relaxed environment but the focus of the school is not academic. The odd principal seems to care more about the pet animals that she keeps at the school. She is not responsive to emails and phone calls. You need to be in her face to get any attention.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The students especially this year for the 5th graders were not honored or appreciated. There was no celebration for all their hard work! Shame they looked forward to fun day, senior trip or just any fun activities. Years before them had it all.

I love it. The teachers are excellent, the aides. Everyone is great. The principal is a little unorthodox but she's. Perfect example of not to judge a book by its cover. She's great and she runs a tight ship.

I have to agree with the parent about the bullying. I too am a teacher and my daughter has been repeatedly bullied by the same kids and now it is getting worse after I tried to intervene. The students are not allowed to talk during lunch and spend half the time watching movies inside the auditorium again not allowed to talk. I also have a younger child who has had mediocre teachers at best. Seriously thinking about puling the girls and trying to get them in a different school.

As a teacher myself, I am appalled on how PS 69 handles bullying. My child while in the lunch school yard or attending the after school program on several occasions my child has been the recipient of such situations. The teachers / school aids stand around B/S(talking) not paying attention to the most important things =our children's safety.

Last modified Ps 69 Daniel D Tompkins is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.