Ps 69 Daniel D Tompkins 2

Posted November 10, 2014
As a teacher myself, I am appalled on how PS 69 handles bullying. My child while in the lunch school yard or attending the after school program on several occasions my child has been the recipient of such situations. The teachers / school aids stand around B/S(talking) not paying attention to the most important things =our children's safety.

Ps 69 Daniel D Tompkins 4

Posted July 01, 2014
My kids went through the G&T program and like all schools, the teachers are hit or miss. My younger daughter is entering the 3rd grade coming September, and I can only rave about Mrs. Ritzer, her second grade teacher. My older child also had Mrs. Ritzer for third grade, and both kids gained so much from her. For the other teachers, I can only say "meh", but Mrs. R was structured, yet fun, and the kids learned so much from her. I'm not too keen on the principal and her lack of communication unless you are one of her "favorites," which I learned quickly I am not, as she never answered any of my questions or got back to me when I wrote to her. If anyone can give me tips on how I can be a favorite, please let me know. Overall, I think the principal is a go-getter, so on the school level, I guess she does a decent job getting funding. But on the individual level, again, she is a "meh." Kudos to the parent-coordinator who does a much better job.

Ps 69 Daniel D Tompkins 5

Posted April 28, 2014
This school n the teachers aids principal r the most wonderful people n that has made this the most wonderful experience for my son I am forever grateful to ps69

Ps 69 Daniel D Tompkins 3

Posted July 05, 2011
My child had a good experience at this school. Most of the teachers were just great, except for one who was mean and intimidating. Also the school doesn't let the kids play outside even in warm, but not hot weather. The Board of Education mandated this year that children be allowed out in the cooler weather with coats, but the principal did not follow that mandate this year. The kids need to get more exercise as gym is only once a week. Also, one of the Vice Principals is unfair and i quick to hold your child accountable on something without knowing all the facts. And has lied to me about something as well. Other than that, the school is a good school, but their ratings have not been great as to scores with the students, not sure if that sheds light on how they are being taught.

Ps 69 Daniel D Tompkins 5

Posted February 19, 2011
P.S69 is awesome I miss a lot of my teachers because I go there I can guarantee every teacher you have is the greatest and nicest!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

Posted May 21, 2010
They have the best teachers and staff!!!!!!!

Posted May 19, 2010
P.S. 69 is a great school. My son will be my 3rd child to graduate from there this June!! We will surely miss it....

Posted May 19, 2010
I am proud to be the Assistant Principal of PS 69! I love coming to work everyday because we all work as a team! We have the best students ever! Go PS 69!

Posted May 19, 2010
PS69 has a wonderful, caring, and dedicated staff. They work very hard to make a difference in their students' lives.

Posted May 12, 2010
What a wonderful place to work and learn! My children were fortunate to attend P.S.69 many years ago and I now have the pleasure to work here.

Ps 69 Daniel D Tompkins
144 Keating Pl, Staten Island, NY  10314
Last modified Ps 69 Daniel D Tompkins is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 69 Daniel D Tompkins Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 77 reviews. Top